Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to share a recent experience with RevZilla that I am pleased about but sad at the same time. I recently ordered a set of Woodcraft Frame Sliders on July 3rd as well as an Ogio backpack on July 4th. I did the free standard shipping and received the backpack on the 10th. I love the backpack. They honestly undersold it on the site. Here is the link: OGIO Bandit II Backpack - RevZilla

Now for the frame sliders. I was scheduled to receive them on July 10th but they came one day early much to my excitement! Or atleast that is what the USPS tracking number said. I come home and no frame sliders. I immediately tried calling USPS customer support but after being on hold for 45 minutes I decided to just email RevZilla. The next day I received a phone call (that I missed) and then promptly afterwards an email from John at RevZilla. He had a few questions and told me I should check with my neighbors. So I did and I also checked the front office of the apartment complex and still no frame sliders. This was now Thursday the 10th. The next day (Friday, the 11th) I emailed John back saying that I have not found them. I did not hear from John today so I called USPS. This time I stuck it out on hold for 30 minutes and got through to someone. They said they would contact my local post office and look into it. And this is where I currently stand.

This is my first experience with RevZilla but I have heard great things about them and I trust that it will be resolved. I imagine that it is not their fault. It was most likely delivered to a nearby neighbor by accident. I am not upset with anybody in this situation I just had some free time and thought I would share my experience. I will keep you guys posted on what happens next.

P.S. The back pack was shipped UPS while the frame sliders went USPS.

UPDATE July 15th: John emailed me today and informed me that they are shipping out a new set of frame sliders and pucks at no cost to me. They are shipping it UPS this time and they even gave me a $10 in-store credit for the trouble. I am extremely pleased with the outcome and how this was handled. RevZilla will absolutely be the first place I look for motorcycle parts and accessories from now on.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I am sure revzilla would ship insured. If so, they need to take it up with the post office and send you some more sliders. Dealing with the USPS is a cost of doing business.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am sure revzilla would ship insured. If so, they need to take it up with the post office and send you some more sliders. Dealing with the USPS is a cost of doing business.
They did. Up to $100 and I paid $76 for the frame sliders plus the pucks and they shipped together. I am fully confident RevZilla will make it right.

And beck, thanks for that tip. I'll have to look into it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Revzilla has done an outstanding job for me - super easy returns - and very fast shipping.

I even ordered my Ti Akra from them and selected the slow/free shipping option - they sent it out overnight - it was at my door the next day!!!

They do a really good job at customer service. I am positive they will make it right based on my past experiences with them.

·
Super Moderator
5,623 Posts
Totally off subject here but I had Comcast scheduled to install their service at my house (after a 6 month battle on whether or not service was even available). So I got a call that they were done with everything, but since I wasn't home from work yet, and they needed to go inside and finish the hookup, they would come back the next day. So, when I get home about a 1/2 hour later and there is NOTHING on the house, I call them and come to find out, they put the service on a house about 1/2 mile from me......I cancelled the order.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Revzilla is awesome about orders and they always insure.
My Kriega backpack was lost the first time- because UPS guy left it at door even when I had specified on "My UPS" to leave with the super of the building. Either someone stole it or it was delivered to the wrong address. Revzilla started the whole investigation and while it was going on, sent me a second backpack so that I was not left hanging dry. I never found the original backpack but Revzilla really delivered!
USPS has lost packages coming to our house quite often or mis-delivered them- I wonder how hard it is to get the address right!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I've always found Revzilla to be a great company to order from and deal with, and as Doug said, super easy for returns if needed. That being said, I can't begin to tell you how many times I've had issues with USPS either losing my package during shipping, or delivering it to an address no where close to my house. And they wonder why people choose alternate shippers for products sent by mail and are going broke as we speak. USPS is generally horrible in my experience...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update: John emailed me today and informed me that they are shipping out a new set of frame sliders and pucks at no cost to me. They are shipping it UPS this time and they even gave me a $10 in-store credit for the trouble. I am extremely pleased with the outcome and how this was handled. RevZilla will absolutely be the first place I look for motorcycle parts and accessories from now on.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
REVZILLA rocks!!!
Bought a bunch of stuff thru them. Totally satisfied.
I trust you'll get this resolved. Sorry to hear about the glitch.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Agreed! Revzilla is one of the best online stores to work with especially if there's a problem.

They're extremely understanding and really care about the products they sell.

·
Registered
9 Posts
July 15th: John emailed me today and informed me that they are shipping out a new set of frame sliders and pucks at no cost to me. They are shipping it UPS this time and they even gave me a $10 in-store credit for the trouble. I am extremely pleased with the outcome and how this was handled. RevZilla will absolutely be the first place I look for motorcycle parts and accessories from now on.
Hey ramblinman,

I wanted to quickly reach out and thank you for the way you handled the situation. I also want to thank everyone for the ZLA love!

Your replacement sliders should be there within the next few days. They shipped today from our Philadelphia warehouse. We apologize for the hassle. There's almost nothing worse than not getting moto parts on time. We'll send you tracking info via email first thing tomorrow. If you or anyone else needs help with gear or an order, send me a PM and I'll gladly give you a hand.

On another note, this is the newest addition to the ZLA stable as of last Thursday. I really wish I didn't ride it, ha. I'm looking at the FZ-07 for my g/f and possibly an FZ-09 for myself.

Thanks again everyone and ride safely,

-Hi-Viz Brian

·
Registered
159 Posts
Welcome -Hi-Viz Brian. Awesome to see that you guys have an FZ09 now as well.

I really wish there was a company like Revzilla for all of my different hobbies and needs. The concept is so simple, provide over and above service and earn the loyalty of everyone who they interact with. It is not rocket science, but so few companies really get it. You hear about it in the biz press about Zappos all of the time as well, the only difference is that I don't need shoes all of the time like I need moto goodies.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Revzilla is awesome - I knew the outcome would be nothing short of what happened - and now another moto celebrity among our ranks - welcome Hi-Viz Brian!

Is it weird that i feel like i know that guy because we are the same gear size - ok maybe that's a little too creepy even for the internet.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts