Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know when we can expect the first reviews on the FZ-09? Is there an embargo until the bike is released?

·
Registered
699 Posts
There is no embargo that I am aware of... I just want someone to tell me that the bike is awesome!

·
Registered
32 Posts
None of the moto journalists have ridden it yet. Bike Magazine in the UK (where it's called the MT 09) recently reviewed it by spec and by company publicity reports--just as the American mags do. Apparently, no one is riding it for review until it's released to the public, and that's the rub.

Sounds like it will be great in terms of power, quality, and price, but what if it rides bad? I'm in line to get one based on the PR and faith that it will live up to the hype. I can hear my cynical friends telling me "I told you so" if it performs poorly or has major bugs. Patience is one of the virtues that missed me.

Anyone think it would be better to wait a year and read the reviews first?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Patience is one of the virtues that missed me.

Anyone think it would be better to wait a year and read the reviews first?
lol.... i dont think those 2 sentences are gonna mesh eh! ;)

i might have to wait a while for financial reasons... but i WANT one now now now!!... ride it.. good or bad... refine/fix the issues... and review it myself perhaps!?!?>.. at least on the forum! ..

waiting to see if silver spoon journos like the offering and deign to speak of it clearly.. without confusing themselves... nope...

i accept that there can be 'dogs' of vehicles made... but i fail to see how this beastie could be that bad that a few changes (if required) .. would not sort it out to be a well balanced machine! :cool:

... You can wait a year if you wish!! :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts