Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
They're popping out of the woodwork everywhere now. Hi Jen, yes, same bike here. Might change this year or next, most likely to a new 09SP.
I wish we got the SP in the states

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Thanks, I'm doing well enough. After nearly 30 years, I just lost that loving feeling for riding motorbikes.
As a biker, I'm sorry to hear that. As an old fart too, I understand. The next year or two for me will be the decider. Will I keep riding and update the bike, or, maybe keep this one as an heirloom and ride just when nostalgia pushes me.
Maybe just give it up. This one will be tough.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Thanks, I'm doing well enough. After nearly 30 years, I just lost that loving feeling for riding motorbikes.
Reading this genuinely made me feel sad. I hope someday soon that fire comes back for you. After all I've seen, I still cant imagine not having a passion for this.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Decatur here. I don't get up to Peoria very often though, usually a couple times a year for business and occasionally to hit the cycle shop.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Decatur here. I don't get up to Peoria very often though, usually a couple times a year for business and occasionally to hit the cycle shop.
Well if you're ever around hit me up. I like to go on day rides on my day off sometimes too. Could make it over to Decatur for a day.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
About once a year we’ll go north west and then straight west to the river road south to Grafton and fast eddies. Mix of bikes Cruisers nakeds etc. one buddy works parts and the other is service manager. One rides a Honda magna the other has a zx636 but he usually snags a used bike off the floor and takes it, something more comfortable but still sporty. Although they’re pretty conservative riders, I’m the hooligan, but not reckless.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
I have to admit that I don't have the same enthusiasm for bikes that I had 50 years ago, but that also applies to lots of other things. Most of my activity is working on our six acre yard and our garden. Last year I cut down over 150 ash trees that had died. But, whenever I need some time off, I go for a ride. I don't see that going away for a long time. The only major change might be a new bike from time to time. It's always interesting to play with new toys. Even though we just added a classic roadster to our stable, the bike still has its place.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
If I ever get to a point that I don’t want to ride or I can’t ride I’ll rinse my mouth out with Buckshot. Motorcycles, friends with motorcycles, and good bourbon are pretty much the only things that make life worthwhile.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Deleted

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Wait....what the...I didn't even know that was a thing. I hope I never get stricken with that affliction. I think I'd rather catch the HIV than lose my desire to ride, at least there's a pill for that.
I had a break in the 80's. 2nd stupidist thing I've done, I should have kept the bike and dumped the wife. (The stupidist thing I've done)
But, the time will come for all of us to stop riding. For good reason, or bad.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Wait....what the...I didn't even know that was a thing. I hope I never get stricken with that affliction. I think I'd rather catch the HIV than lose my desire to ride, at least there's a pill for that.
I had a break in the 80's. 2nd stupidist thing I've done, I should have kept the bike and dumped the wife. (The stupidist thing I've done)
But, the time will come for all of us to stop riding. For good reason, or bad.
Tell me what day that is, so I find a cliff and do a Thelma and Louise. ;-)
I don't know if I'd want to know.
I know I'd be a little miffed that just when I have the time and money to relax and enjoy life, the f'n reapers about to come knocking.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Good to hear it wasn't an accident!!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts