Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! My name is Mike and I'm a returning member. After wrecking my 2017 fz09 I didn't visit the site too much as it wasn't much fun thinking about the bike I didn't have anymore.

But I'm back! With a new 2019 Ice Fluo! I forgot just how much fun these bikes are.

Little about me, I'm 26 and live in central Illinois and work as a chef of a brunch spot in town.

I also drive a 2014 mustang 3.7 that I love and I have a project bike, a 1983 Honda VF750 interceptor that is a looong way away from being done lol. I've owned loads of bikes in the past. Couple of cb750s, cb650s, a BMW k75, an older yzf600r thundercat, and a few others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

TL;DR it's great to be back! I already love this community. If anyone is in the central Illinois area and wants to go for a ride hit me up!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Nice ride, I like it

Best motor ever, huh

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice ride, I like it

Best motor ever, huh
Definitely! Couldn't stay away. Looked at and rode a few other bikes and the sales rep from the dealer (who's also my friend), could see me keep looking back at the mt09 and he just said you're getting that one aren't you lol.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Welcome back Chef. I've been riding my FZ to my Chef's job for the last 6 years. The commute never gets old on the FZ. Stressed out, know problem one twist of the wrist and all the work stress gets left way behind. Now,"Let The MODS Begin".

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Welcome back. That 09's very KTM ish.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had tried to finance a 19 before I basically stole my 18 from the guy who owned it. I'm super into that color scheme, the wheels seem to go from an orange to a red depending on the light, and the I feel like it's got a bluish silvery hue to the body paint.

I am envious, welcome back!

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Welcome Mike. I totally agree about the community, as it’s very unique with it’s mutual respect and support. Lou’s totally direct honesty and Harry’s bourbon influenced wit help us all maintain our sanity. Enjoy!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Oh and if you decide to get rid of that rear fender let me know, I'd definitely buy it from you!

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Welcome Mike. I totally agree about the community, as it’s very unique with it’s mutual respect and support. Lou’s totally direct honesty and Harry’s bourbon influenced wit help us all maintain our sanity. Enjoy!
Aaaawww. That's so nice. But don't you mean grumpy old sod?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
How has everyone been? Same bikes? I still have mine and love it.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
They're popping out of the woodwork everywhere now. Hi Jen, yes, same bike here. Might change this year or next, most likely to a new 09SP.

·
Super Moderator
4,129 Posts
How has everyone been? Same bikes? I still have mine and love it.
Well, well, well. The banjo playin', lawyer, physics/math teacher. So glad you dropped in. Yes, I still have my 2014 09.
It's going on the block soon as I just don't ride anymore. It's been 19 months now. You take care.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Well, well, well. The banjo playin', lawyer, physics/math teacher. So glad you dropped in. Yes, I still have my 2014 09.
It's going on the block soon as I just don't ride anymore. It's been 19 months now. You take care.
Hope you are okay. You have a good memory :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts