Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, am I missing something here? I've had trouble getting the trip meter(s) to reset. It's worked a couple of times, but mostly does not. Just checked the owner's manual for the 10th time, and it says "to reset a tripmeter, select it by pushing the "SELECT" button, then push "RESET" for at least one second." Seems simple ... but it will NOT reset it, just sends it onto the next function, as if I'm pushing "SELECT" ... which I'm definitely not!!! Any clues? Anybody else had this issue? Is it an issue, or am I doing something wrong here! Driving me nuts!

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
hold it for 3 seconds or more
Holding most anything for three seconds or more is bound to elicit another reaction....the more you hold it the more dramatic the response.:rolleyes:

Reactions: jth_fz09

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
You need to change page... the trip meter will flash for few seconds, then you can reset it. If it doesn't flash... no no

From memory... hope I'm about right

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hold it for 3 seconds or more
Tried it numerous times for 3 seconds, right up to 10 secs or more, and nothing. It refuses to reset on either trip meter. It will do the reverse scroll though, when I push reset repeatedly. I'd assume that if the button itself was screwed, it wouldn't work at all. Frustrating!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You need to change page... the trip meter will flash for few seconds, then you can reset it. If it doesn't flash... no no
Marthy, do you mean scroll through, then when it gets to trip, and stops flashing, I should be able to reset it? I've tried that too, with no luck.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I mean as you scroll through it will initially flash for few seconds, this is when you can reset the trip meter. You can reset it only when ot flash if I can remember

·
Registered
208 Posts
Marthy, do you mean scroll through, then when it gets to trip, and stops flashing, I should be able to reset it? I've tried that too, with no luck.
^^^ what Marthy said. You can only reset it while it's flashing. Confused me too the first time

·
Registered
657 Posts
I mean as you scroll through it will initially flash for few seconds, this is when you can reset the trip meter. You can reset it only when ot flash if I can remember

This is one thing I find annoying about the bike. I reset my trip at every fill and having to cycle through every time is silly. On my other Yami I just hold reset and it resets.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I leave the dash on "Temp" so when I fill up, then turn on the key after booting, hit select until it gets to trip mileage. While it is blinking, hold down the reset button until it turns to zero. You might want to do this before starting the engine so in case you screw up, the engine isn't getting hot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts