Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As many of you know I went down last Friday, I have a few parts to replace so I can get riding again. One of the parts is the right side(as you ride) foot peg. Unfortunately according to a few sites and Yamaha it has been discontinued. This of course makes no sense, is there any way to see if an aftermarket peg will fit? I also need the bracket that it connects to. That whole assembly shattered. Thanks for your help!

Here is what happened to the rearset and peg:
Rearset.jpg

·
Registered
232 Posts
this is a new model so parts should not be discontinued check with your dealer they should be able to order a new one for you if not the after market people make replacement ones may be hard to find where bike model is so new not sure who makes them hopefully someone will chime in and post some links for you ...

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Yeah, doesn't make sense. You could wait for Yamaha to figure out the parts are still in production, but being in S Cali without winter I guess you don't want to wait lol.

Find a 09 owner that totaled the left side and is parting out the bike? After market rear sets? But those are expensive and you might not like the position.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! I needed the verbage "rear set." I think cycle gear may have some, if not i can run over to the dealer and if i'm lucky they keep some in stock. Hopefully matching the holes will work. I'm still getting used to motorcycle maintenance.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i bit the bullet and went in to the dealer and ordered the parts. The peg isn't available in the US so 1 of 5 is coming from Japan, and the bracket is coming from Georgia. Word of advice to everybody...DON'T CRASH! At least for a while because the parts are hard to come by!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts