Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy is replacing his springs on his 06 SV650, and it doesn't look like he needs a compression tool to do so. he just slightly compresses the fork and screws off the cap.

Is there a way of replacing the 09 front springs without a compression tool?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
My buddy is replacing his springs on his 06 SV650, and it doesn't look like he needs a compression tool to do so. he just slightly compresses the fork and screws off the cap.

No. There is a white plastic tube that has to be pulled down to gain access to the nut that the cap screws into.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I made my own compression tool from research I did online and pulling the spacer down was a pain in the ass. You can find the tool in the DNFDoug Modifications thread.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Made a copy of Dougs tool for few $$$. That save the day for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts

I have worked on at least a dozen motorcycles in my life. From rebuilding motors to put a new pistons in and shock absorbers. One thing I learned about front forks. Do not do them have a pro do it. I tried it on my last F09 which is a 2015 and it was a nightmare. Also like the prior writer wrote the forks are reversed on F09’s versus the other motorcycle you mentioned a completely different

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
I don't think they're that difficult. I've had them apart twice now, if you're methodical and measure the position of threaded bits etc you'll be fine

Reactions: betoney
1 - 9 of 9 Posts