Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has looked into a better quality aftermarket throttle for the FZ. Coming from an MX background, I've always replaced the stock throttle with an aluminum quick turn style to get rid of all the slop and jump into the power quicker. Not just the cable play issue, but also the side to side movement. So far it's my only complaint with the bike. I love to torque and abruptness of it, just not the sloppy play in the throttle. Maybe this isn't an option because of the drive by wire system, but would be my first upgrade if it is.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
You could do it. It still uses throttle cables to push-pull a bellcrank on a throttle position sensor behind the throttle bodies.

I have considered doing the same but it is not enough sloppiness to bother me. If it were, I would likely add a disk of plastic between the bell crank on the throttle tube and the inside of the throttle housing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was looking at the G2, just wish you could change the cam like the dirt tamer. I don't want to calm the throttle down, just get rid of the sloppy action of plastic throttle tube and even shorten the throttle pull up a little if possible.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
minimizing the throttle cable slop and minimizing the slop in the TPS makes a huge difference in throttle feel.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I was looking at the G2, just wish you could change the cam like the dirt tamer. I don't want to calm the throttle down, just get rid of the sloppy action of plastic throttle tube and even shorten the throttle pull up a little if possible.
the g2 does have interchangeable cams.

G2 Street Tamer Throttle Tube - G2 Ergonomics

total throttle pull to wfo will actually be slightly longer than stock since part of the throttle radius has been reduced and the rest is the same as stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts