Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace spark plugs for irridium, do i need to remove tank or of drop the upper of the radiator give direct acces?

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
I don't know, since I've not replaced mine yet...but buying a Yamaha Service Manual for your bike would hold a wealth of answers for you.

Reactions: Da Braddah

·
Registered
555 Posts
Damn. That's a decent plug change.

I agree too, buy a service manual. I would never attempt to take apart anything I haven't before, without an aid.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Witch Iridium plug are you using? If you download my how too install the EJK from my website, you're 95% there. Just disconnect the plug and pull the coil up... then remove the plug. I use one of those 5/8" magnetic plug socket I bough at Advance Auto Parts. I can't remember the torque specs.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Any tips on getting the coils out without damaging them?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Nothing but your hands and brute force. Its a real Mother! But they will come out without the use of tools. It seem like pulling up and twisting released them faster for me.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Yup, just twist and pull coils at the same time to get'em out. I was able to do my change w/o messing w/ radiator... tank/air filter/AIS deff gotta go

Reactions: mralandy

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
When you get the job done, give us some feedback as to how it went, any tips, and any noticeable performance differences. Please..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts