Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Crashed my bike a month ago at Mulholland drive. I will be updating my repairs here. Just waiting on the parts to come. Also ordered Rizoma handlebars, bar ends, and Yamaha's fly screen! :)

The biggest damages on my bike :(

I have a clip of the crash so I will post that soon!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ouch... Glad you're okay. These bikes don't seem to crash well do they?
Yes, glad I was geared up or I would have been scratched up :icon_biggrin:. I regret not having any protection on my bike. Should have at least put some frame sliders before. :(

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Mulholland has claimed many bikes. rnickeymouse has a whole youtube channel dedicated to it.

What happened with you?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Dang! What a bummer. Glad you're ok though! Looks like it could have been worse! From the looks of the side covers I would have thought the radiator would have been worse off. Are you going to replace it or repair?

Hope you get it back on the road quickly.

Daniel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I'm guessing you were going a lot fast than me! I'm glad you are okay! I'm enjoying repairing mine oddly enough i just wish i could ride it while i repair it. Your CP3 cover did not fair very well!

Reactions: moto126

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was at a turn and went too wide. There was all these dirt, gravel, and big rocks that I slipped on. Got the target fixation and went down. Could have been avoided.

The most expensive damage was the radiator. A rock punctured the radiator and the fluids leaked out so I need to replace that.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Ouch. Any crash you can walk away from is a good crash. Glad you are ok.

Reactions: moto126

·
Registered
3,008 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I got the handlebar and bar ends and put them on. Also put in the fender eliminator.

Rizoma bar end and grip.

Rizoma fender eliminator and turn signals. Still need to figure out how the cable works.

Rizoma handlebar.

Headlight taken off to send for the mod.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Reactions: marthy

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Very well done! Look very nice and clean without being over done. im digging the bars...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts