Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the G2 Throttle Tamer and reinstalled stock throttle tube. The G2 was just too TAME. I gotta hook up with VCYCLE and get my flash. :(

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
155 Posts
I removed the G2 Throttle Tamer and reinstalled stock throttle tube. The G2 was just too TAME. I gotta hook up with VCYCLE and get my flash. :(
If you haven't gotten the factory remap, then do it asap. It makes a huge difference. Even A mode can be smooth with it at low speeds.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Do it, I couldn't believe the difference when I got it done.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Same here.

·
Registered
987 Posts
While I like mine, I'm thinking about removing mine and putting the OEM one back on too.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
If you haven't gotten the factory remap, then do it asap. It makes a huge difference. Even A mode can be smooth with it at low speeds.
i just sat at the dealer for 3 hours for what they said would take 30 minutes. 2nd attempt and couldnt get the flash to work. I didnt want to bring it back to these guys a seconod time but the bike is out of warranty now and they are the only ones that will honor it.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
i just sat at the dealer for 3 hours for what they said would take 30 minutes. 2nd attempt and couldnt get the flash to work. I didnt want to bring it back to these guys a seconod time but the bike is out of warranty now and they are the only ones that will honor it.
Might as well just get the VCyclenut flash and call it a day...

·
Registered
987 Posts
Deacon, can't you just move your wrist faster, with that G2? ..........J/K
Thats what I having been doing, but with my track day next month I want to try the stock one again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why remap if you did your research on the bike you would have known the throttle characteristics before buying the bike, thus by reflashing I think it takes away the fun of learning throttle control. The bike is completely manageable without the reflash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Why remap if you did your research on the bike you would have known the throttle characteristics before buying the bike, thus by reflashing I think it takes away the fun of learning throttle control. The bike is completely manageable without the reflash.

I guess alot of us did not do the research then. Hows the view up on your mountain?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Deacon, can't you just move your wrist faster, with that G2? ..........J/K

*What about that box of stuff?
How you liking your flash from David?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Why remap if you did your research on the bike you would have known the throttle characteristics be.fore buying the bike, thus by reflashing I think it takes away the fun of learning throttle control. The bike is completely manageable without the reflash.

Welcome to the forum, G2Gtrucking. Regarding your first post, I disagree with you 100%.
Of the thousands of FZ09 riders worldwide who have gotten a their ECU reflashed, I've never heard of one saying the original OEM flash is better and unlike you, these riders have owned both. These FZ09 riders include racers, track day afficiados, squids, commuters, sport tourers, professional journalists, etc. and I'm sure many have more experience than you. You're opinion also contradicts mother Yamaha who issued a free factory reflash.
I suggest riding a reflashed bike for comparison.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome to the forum, G2Gtrucking. Regarding your first post, I disagree with you 100%.
Of the thousands of FZ09 riders worldwide who have gotten a their ECU reflashed, I've never heard of one saying the original OEM flash is better and unlike you, these riders have owned both. These FZ09 riders include racers, track day afficiados, squids, commuters, sport tourers, professional journalists, etc. and I'm sure many have more experience than you. You're opinion also contradicts mother Yamaha who issued a free factory reflash.
I suggest riding a reflashed bike for comparison.

Well put. You said it better than I could have, or would have.

·
Registered
315 Posts
How you liking your flash from David?
Great,
A - Quick turn
Std - same as Stock
B- Also similar to stock.........

**But, optimized fueling for the stock exhaust, which makes everything much healthier.
Also opened up the panel, near the front of the gas tank, to get cool air to the intake, and trimmed the snorkel in the airbox cover.
This made the throttle response, very crisp.

I have now ridden several, FZ09's, with aftermarket exhausts, that do not pull as hard as my bike.

With over 11k on the bike, I intend to sync the throttle bodies in the near future, check TPS adjustment, and maybe add the closed loop module.
This should take care of any remaining "snatchyness", from closed, to open throttle, that remains.

All in all, best bang for the buck, by far.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts