Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a bunch of you that are smarter than I, or at least have more free time on your hands. Anyone thought about making some sort of easy on and off sissy bar? I did a ride with the GF the other day and she made the comment that it always felt like she was going to fall off the back end and that it felt like she was sitting on my tail light. Has anyone seens something like this for the FZ-09? I don't want to have something on the bike permanently as most of the riding I do is solo. And I hate the way they look. And a top case is not what I want either.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Not aware of a removable sissy bar, but is she opposed to leaning forward? You could get one of these tank mounted handlebars...

Doesn't look too terribly difficult to take on and off.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Get the handgrip

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm planning on getting the sw motech rack. Will then put a top box on for the gf to rest on. Could also try and rig up a pirates lair or backup backrest or similar onto the motech rack once installed.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I like the Yamaha rack (very sturdy) with the Yamaha 39l case and backrest pad. The case goes on and off in 2 seconds - and locks in place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts