Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
reservior clamp pic 1.jpg reservior clamp pic 2.jpg reservior clamp pic 3.jpg reservior clamp pic 4.jpg

Just got the clamp in the mail today! I think it makes hose clamps & zip-ties look downrite silly!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! After many hours and phone calls, I found it on line. I hesitate just yet to say, because we are working out the details for it. I'm testing the prototype. It was actually used for another application, and this was the last one they will have for a while. I would like to find out what people think to see if it will be worth making more.

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
I like the looks of it. They need to make them in Rapid Red, Orange, and Black.

Reactions: gearsmasher

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
It looks nice!

Keep an eye on that hose - the angle got a little jacked up with the different mounting blocks. The fittings are designed to rotate, but angles like that generally don't do well in the long run. If they are going to make more, I recommend moving the canister in and further up the subframe to maintain the proper angle.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya, I was concerned for the hose as well. With that paticular fitting it wants to rub on the frame from the inside. Rolling it in would have it rub at the end of the res. at he top of the subframe. I will keep an eye on the bend. Fortunately we have a hydraulic shop here in town if it starts to weep or I might even go over and have them take a look, maybe pick their brains a little for a solution.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not sure, I don't have the rubber blocks to compare the clamp to. It might be that the clamp it taller between the two machined diameters than the block? If the clamp is holding the reservoir up higher then that would be the difference, and why it won't have the same clearance. Still playing with it, probably have to make some tweeks to it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Here is how I mounted the reservoir. It appears to be in the frame more then the above clamp.
Nick is this what you are talking about?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
It looks like the rubber spacers are a little thinner. Definately lets it tuck in the frame better. I will have to see if the machinist has any thoughts on a change to the height to get it lower. The clamp does roll the reservior out a little, but two rides to work and it , so for, hasn't caused any intrusive issues for me. I've been on nightshifts for the past few days, (finally on my last one) so I will call the machinist tommorrow and see what he thinks about a few tweeks to the clamp, I've got some ideas!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts