Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I often skip through this a lot fast than I probably should, but just over the weekend noticed that my fender bolt was weaseling it's way out, could have been something much more important!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
Good reminder. After I got my bike home from the dealer I realised the pinch bolt on my front axle was almost dropping out..

Sent via Tapatalk.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Great reminder for sure. I'm kind of lacking in that area myself. It seems that if you have owned Honda, Yammy, Kawasaki, etc, you get kind of lax on checking things, as they are just really reliable and parts don't usually vibrate or fall off. One thing I'm very good about is tire pressure though......it's critical too, as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Tire pressure is #1 on my list before a ride. I am meticulous/anal about maintenance and look the entire bike over the night before a ride. Skipping a simple 2 second check before a ride could result in, God forbid, a crash or something even more serious.

Reactions: triplethreat

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
Tire pressure is #1 on my list before a ride. I am meticulous/anal about maintenance and look the entire bike over the night before a ride. Skipping a simple 2 second check before a ride could result in, God forbid, a crash or something even more serious.
You're absolutely correct......I need to get better at that!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'll admit I don't check tire pressures every ride, but I do check all my levels/controls/electrics before I put the bike in gear. I use the warm-up time to visually check nuts and bolts for movement from their marks. Every time I lube the chain I check the tires over thoroughly for damage and wear. To most people it may look like I'm admiring my bike while I'm drinking my coffee down at the waterfront, but I'm actually inspecting it for anything out of place. Always a good habit to get into... noticed a missing frame bolt on my ninja the other day, somehow it loosened and fell out in less than 200 Kms... buzzy twins *sigh*. Guess I should use a locking compound on those!.. and keep up on my nut and bolt tightness check. :O

1 - 9 of 9 Posts