Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

Relocating front (17+) Turn signals

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  PinoyRider88 
#1 ·
Hey all I know there are other threads but wanted to reach out to see if anyone has successfully relocated turn signals on a 2017+ to the top two bolts where the light housing connects to. Essentially want to reposition them to where they were on the 2014-2016.

Also need help shopping. I would like to maintain the DRL capability they have. Go LED(will I need a resistor?) and something bright. What other components will I need(I.e. Turn signal adapters) etc.?

Thanks!

#2 ·
I have never seen anyone change the signals back to the 2016 and prior years location but I dont imagine it should be too hard to do. As for the signals adapter it'll all depend on the type of turn signals you buy whether you will need adapters or to splice them in. I have TST turn signals and they were plug and play; but that is just a testament to TST. As for the resistor if you switch to LED, you can splice a resistor in-line or what most people do, and what I did was just switch out the signal relay for a new LED flasher relay that will take care of the hyper flash when you switch to LED.

#4 · (Edited)
Hi @Beeez, I'm about to replace the radiator on my '17 (it tried to eat a rock and developed a drooling problem), but the replacement radiator doesn't have screw holes on the sides to mount the stock side panels/turn signals!

Can you explain or share links to whatever bracket you're using to mount your turn signals per that photo? It's not clear to me if you were able to simply move the stock parts up top, or if you had to buy/fabricate new components there. Thanks!

#5 ·
I Like this idea. Ive never liked where the turn signals are on my 2018. I feel like cars on the oposite side of you would have a better view with the 2016 style. Also, I agree that a TST relay is a better option instead of a resistor. why waste the energy in a resistor that will heat up.

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.