Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in Europe we can't get easily american oils.Last week I managed to get this 10W40 Motorcycle Oil .Ithink it is one off the best oils I've used and they are a lot.Smooth shifting,quiet running.As regards longevity ,I'll see.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have been running it the last 1000mi. I like redline, doesn't feel much different than motul 7100.

·
Registered
19 Posts
looks, like motul7100 exceeds the redline specs. just comparing off the shelf. these motors don't seem particularly picky, i runt he yamalube full syn, 15w-50 with great results.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Where did you find your comparison specs? I don't think any of the above are bad oils. I believe motul 7100 is a PAO base with ester in the additive package and Red Line is an ester base.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Living in Europe we can't get easily american oils.Last week I managed to get this 10W40 Motorcycle Oil .Ithink it is one off the best oils I've used and they are a lot.Smooth shifting,quiet running.As regards longevity ,I'll see.
I’ve tried multiple Amsoil,motul,red line, mobile one,shell Rotella T6. I did oil analysis on all of them and Amsoil was the best. It had the most antiwear additives like zinc and the most acid neutralizer‘s calcium. It also had the lowest levels of aluminum. Clutch never slipped at all. Amsoil also has the highest TBN number. Great stuff and half the price of motul 300v.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried these ,all 10-40 : Yamalube semi,Yamalube FS,Yamalube GP,Motul 7100,Rockoil 15-50,Bardhall Full syn,Ipone katana,Maxima maxum,Eneos GP,Belray exs.
From them all ,for now,I prefer the Redline.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Where did Red Line fall in the list?

"I’ve tried multiple Amsoil,motul,red line, mobile one,shell Rotella T6. I did oil analysis on all of them and Amsoil was the best. It had the most antiwear additives like zinc and the most acid neutralizer‘s calcium. It also had the lowest levels of aluminum. Clutch never slipped at all. Amsoil also has the highest TBN number. Great stuff and half the price of motul 300v."

·
Registered
25 Posts
Where did Red Line fall in the list?

"I’ve tried multiple Amsoil,motul,red line, mobile one,shell Rotella T6. I did oil analysis on all of them and Amsoil was the best. It had the most antiwear additives like zinc and the most acid neutralizer‘s calcium. It also had the lowest levels of aluminum. Clutch never slipped at all. Amsoil also has the highest TBN number. Great stuff and half the price of motul 300v."
Very close to Amsoil. It’s crazy when it comes to car oil motul was dead last there’s even a YouTube channel called project farm that proves it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts