Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up in Portland for a couple of days. Stopped by a local Yamaha dealer to cast a gaze unto a red one since I had only seen the red in pictures. Asked what the OTD price was?

$8215 OTD. That's just msrp and registration. No tax, shipping, set up, etc.

Crap I wish I lived in Oregon for about 6 months. I am still waiting for my $9300 OTD California FZ to show up.

Southern California has great weather but that's about it.

$1100 more for the same bike...bunch of communists!

My sister lives in Oregon. Thought about using her address to buy it. But with my luck I would probably end up in the crow bar hotel after paying a huge fine.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hawker, I always thought OTD meant just that not plus tax etc., concerns me as I just called a couple dealers up here and got 9300 to 9600 OTD, maybe I didn't ask enough questions as I assumed that was their Out the Door price...hmmmm...Mark

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hawker, I always thought OTD meant just that not plus tax etc., concerns me as I just called a couple dealers up here and got 9300 to 9600 OTD, maybe I didn't ask enough questions as I assumed that was their Out the Door price...hmmmm...Mark
I agree. OTD should be final cost. Problem with this bike is big demand and short supply. Perfect set up for dealers to gouge us. Especially in California. Momma told me there would be days like this.

·
Registered
337 Posts
OTD should mean everything total - nothing excluded. Bike, prep, tax, DMV, freight, and whatever other crap the dealers want to try and throw in. There are always tons of posts where people say OTD plus X Y or Z - that is not OTD then in my opinion. Been purchasing motorcycles since the mid 80's and when I speak to dealers OTD means the price at the bottom of the contract right above where I put my signature.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yeh, that's what I thought OTD meant, guess I better make sure. I called my brother in Vegas to have him check out his Yamaha dealer and to ask for OTD pricing, the guy had it up to $10100.00 but said he'd knock of some fees and got it down to $9300.00, such a nice guy. My brother kindly offered to put the 7500 miles on the machine so I could bring it back into California as used and get it registered here...he's such a nice guy too...Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts