Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello form Sri Lanka,

I have been reading the forum from the start but just joined yesterday. As for the title just kidding, I have a red bike but it is Indian made 135 cc Bajaj. It is made of very soft metal, so just like the FZ it has a certain amount of flex designed into it. Traction control you want, got that it is called no hp. ABS, yes sir, brakes have a wooden feel to them. Anti theft, ignition that when wet does not provide spark, yes sir got that too (and a can of wd40). Aggressive street fighter styling, after removing the crash bars (pointless remember soft metal), the rear wheel sari guard (lots of sarongs on the ladies who sit sideways) and a huge mud flap, street fighter it is. Instrument panel, yep but both the fuel gauge and speedo are dead, so it is back to taking a look down the hole. Factory parts support yes, buy in India the pack metal parts (had to rebuild brake master cylinder) with little bit of moisture, soo you buy rust. All this on one year old bike.

Anyway, can't wait till I can return to US and get 09 for myself. I am really looking forward to riding this bike. I have been on twins for a long time, 2 Superhawks, RC51, BMW R1100S and have been looking for something new, something with character. Was thinking KTM, Speed Triple, but since I am bit cheap and like the big 4 anyway, this 09 seems like my bike. Got to get the suspension set up right, fueling, small screen, soft bags and hit the open road.

Have fun, be safe.

Here is my ride:

056.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I live in Negambo and work for the new seaplane company Cinnamon Air. Came here last year from the Maldives, but am getting bit tired of living here, between the dogs, churches, mosques, burning of garbage in the evening, crazy Colombo road with never ending blast of horns, the f$#king private buses I just miss civilization. Can't get a decent bike here without spending crazy $$$$$ as well, so I am left reading the forum and dreaming for now.

I have been on "the road" for a bit now, but lived in Dallas TX, north side in McKinney.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Look at that small world lol. Im from Texas a few hours from Dallas/McKinney but I'm living here in Negombo working in Katunayake and yea i hear you on missing civilization. Its a completely different animal here. Ill be ready to head back in a few months. Because i do miss riding. Although i did rent a 650 from a guy i know and sneak on the new highway before it was open. now that was a blast. where are you originally from? We may have met before and never made the connection?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts