Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm looking into purchasing a bead breaker for changing my own tires at home. Those of you that have used or have bead breakers, I would appreciate it if you could let me know which one you have, how it compairs to others, and pros and cons. Price, durability, and ease of use would be helpfull as well.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
I've tried the above method.......and it works if you have absolutely NOTHING else. Fortunately, my NoMar tire machine comes with a built in bead breaker.

Reactions: Travis

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Hi all. I'm looking into purchasing a bead breaker for changing my own tires at home. Those of you that have used or have bead breakers, I would appreciate it if you could let me know which one you have, how it compairs to others, and pros and cons. Price, durability, and ease of use would be helpfull as well.

Thanks!
Shameless plug: BeadBuster XB-450 ATV Bead Breaker Tool
I am the owner of the company, so I can vouch for the quality!
It was designed for ATV's, but works great on street bikes as well. More $$ than the 2x4's...but it's an actual tool made for that purpose

This video shows a comparison with a hot chick!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pgAQTY8rX1k

·
Registered
225 Posts
Cool, we have to help out a member.

"Nobody can eat fifty eggs... My boy Luke can." Name the movie.
Wayyy too easy! That's a night in the box for you!

I'm gonna think about the car wash scene for a minute;)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shameless plug: BeadBuster XB-450 ATV Bead Breaker Tool
I am the owner of the company, so I can vouch for the quality!
It was designed for ATV's, but works great on street bikes as well. More $$ than the 2x4's...but it's an actual tool made for that purpose

This video shows a comparison with a hot chick!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pgAQTY8rX1k
Thanks luke! That's pretty much exactlly what im lookin for. Plus it would be cool to help out another member. I'm gonna keep looking so i have others to compare to but ill deffinetly keep that one in mind for when i'm ready to buy.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Wayyy too easy! That's a night in the box for you!

I'm gonna think about the car wash scene for a minute;)
Shit, I own that movie.

"What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach. So you get what we had here last week, which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. I don't like it any more than you men."

·
Registered
54 Posts
I use a large slide hammer designed to break beads on truck tires sold at northern tool. But I really like the bead buster mentioned above. Would definitely get one if I didn't already have the slide hammer. Cost is about the same too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts