Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My passenger peg block off plates arrived and I need to paint them to get rid of the company logo printed on them (annoying). I would like to match the frame as close as possible and was wondering if anyone had experience with what rattle can paint matches the frame paint best. Looks like maybe it's a semi-gloss black with some glitter to it. I'm not worried about the glitter, but would like the blacks to match as best as possible.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I got a satin black from auto zone. It's very close.

Reactions: Lucky_Devil

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I used to to cover up a scrape on the frame and it's hard to spot...for an accent piece, or the block off paints it looks perfect.

·
Registered
659 Posts
As far as I can tell, The black on the frame is the same that Yamaha has used for years on the frame and motors of other bikes (FZ6, FZ1, R6, etc). Here is some information from a engine cover that I repaired from my old FZ6; I think it will work pretty well for your application.

Paint: VHT Engine Metallic
Color: SP405, Black Pearl
Link: VHT Engine Metallic

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Remember the brand?
I can check, but if you can get some of the Yamaha stuff it will probably look better. Mine is a rough match and I had to do some careful fading to get it to look good. I've done a lot of rattle can painting lol

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As far as I can tell, The black on the frame is the same that Yamaha has used for years on the frame and motors of other bikes (FZ6, FZ1, R6, etc). Here is some information from a engine cover that I repaired from my old FZ6; I think it will work pretty well for your application.

Paint: VHT Engine Metallic
Color: SP405, Black Pearl
Link: VHT Engine Metallic
WOW, that looks SPOT ON, I'll have to go hunt down a can this weekend. Thanks!

Are they R&G block off plates? If they are, you can get the logo off without repainting. I used Acetone on mine.
I didn't buy the R&G ones (felt they were over-priced for what they are). Anyway, the ones I did buy, the logo is not just painted on or I would have taken the path of least resistance and used acetone on them already.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts