Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There's only a few reason to keep the FZ:

1) Without it... I wouldn't be here tormenting you all!
2) Without it... I'd return to drugs... so as to cope!
3) Without it... well that's just a stupid idea.

Your top reasons for keeping the bike?

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
1. It's paid for AND I love it.
2. It's the most exciting bike I've owned in a long time.......maybe ever.
3. Peggy said I can't ride on the back of her FZ07 unless I get my knee down when we go through the corners (it's too hard to hold on when you're on the passenger seat anyway)

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
1. I smile like an idiot every time i'm on it
2. I've put more aftermarket stuff in this bike than anything else i've owned (guitars, cars etc) - selling it doesn't make much sense
3. It's an eye turner - i can't tell you how many guys come up to me at bike nights to talk about it - it's very unique to anything else that's out there right now
4. i love laughing at my sport bike friend comfort complaints - as they're hanging their legs off the bike, shaking their hands out on 250 mile rides - i'm sitting on a giant lazy boy as comfortable as can be. When we hit the twisties - my current skill level is the only reason i'm not right on their rear tires. That gets better every year though :)

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
It restored the joy of motorcycling for me. Sixty eight years old next month and zero chicken strips. Well, the left side, still have 0.25" on the right.

·
Registered
241 Posts
come on, are we really doing this?;) the 09 kicks ass! plus, after having 2 super obscure bikes (HD softail slim & aprilia futura) its nice to have something that they make literally everything for, can you imagine what the aftermarket is going to be like for this bike 2 years from now?

Reactions: MoFZio

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
1). 09 is all paid for and so is the DR, so they are both staying.
2). I need my motorcycle therapy or work would drive me nuts is short order.
3). I refuse to grow up.
4). If you don't know why a dog likes to stick his head outside the car window of a moving car, you have probably never ridden a motorcycle.

Font Text Technology Photography Rectangle

·
Banned
739 Posts
Thank you for making this a thread. I like all the reasons above. I just don't understand why guys keep bikes only one year.

I spend a little time considering things before I buy something expensive. Sat on the FZ about a year ago at the IMS; Yamaha was right up front advertising the price. Checked my bank account and went for it.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
number 1 reason for me by far is that it gives me something to look forward to while at work.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
number 1 reason for me by far is that it gives me something to look forward to while at work.
bada bing, bada boom... this Forum is my employer's favorite website... for it keeps me sane the whole work-day long. :notworthy:

Reactions: Bowinkle

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
bada bing, bada boom... this Forum is my employer's favorite website... for it keeps me sane the whole work-day long. :notworthy:
I park mine outside of my office window like some sick bondage torture fest that i like to put myself through.

·
Registered
806 Posts
(1st gear wheelie) more fun than a barrel of monkeys
(2nd gear wheelie) guy in a Nice big truck says that bike
Is bad @$$. What is that a ducati?
(3rd gear wheelie) Women smile & beep at me!

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
I think the only reason to get rid of it would be it's proclivity to shred rear tires.
Answer = NoMar.....it then becomes a bit cheaper to own it.

Reactions: MoFZio
1 - 20 of 52 Posts