Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that my rear wheel likes to get loose at high throttle even in 2nd or even 3rd while accelerating. The wheel will sometimes go right to left and will make the rear tire bounce and will turn on traction control.

In a constant bank turn with full throttle the rear feels very hoppy and isn't planted. It feels unstable at times.

How would I fix this?

The tires were warm in plus 12 c weather.

Mods that are relevant:
-Clip ons with steering damper
-Quickshifter
-Exhuast
-fender eliminator
-levers

·
Registered
2016 XSR900 60th Anniv. Edition
3,336 Posts
Wow...

So many variables at work here. Tire condition. Suspension set up. Road conditions. Body position. Lean angle. "Full throttle in a constant bank turn"? Maybe just calm down...

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Canada? Is the frost out of the ground? If not, it doesn't matter what the air temp is, the roads aren't warm enough for your tires to get enough grip. Even if the frost is up, the ground is still pretty cool.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Canada? Is the frost out of the ground? If not, it doesn't matter what the air temp is, the roads aren't warm enough for your tires to get enough grip. Even if the frost is up, the ground is still pretty cool.
No frost but the roads are still cool. A little traction lost is expected but the pogo effect that it caused isn't acceptable.

·
Registered
28 Posts
No frost but the roads are still cool. A little traction lost is expected but the pogo effect that it caused isn't acceptable.
The POGO effect is EVERY MT--09 Riders complaint on YT. Get a real rear shock.. NItron is a great choice vs. Ohlin's.

I went with Ohlin's because I wanted serviceability in Dallas area. by some place certified.

·
Super Moderator
2,742 Posts
I was honestly shocked the first time I rode my FZ. I charged a corner as I normally would on my ZRX, and when I went to flick the bike to the right, the right side peg hit the deck hard and scared the shit out of me. The rear shock was terribly soft and was one of the first things I changed out. Went Penske double-clicker.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.