Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much to say just yet other than it looks good enough (to me anyway) to make it worth the amount of work it will take to complete.

I wanted to do something a bit different than the typical fender eliminator; mainly due to the installation of the Rizoma taillight. This thing makes the tail way too clean to clutter it up with a license plate!

here are a few mock-up photos of the Ducati Diavel plate holder/mud guard. Not sure if I will modify this piece or start from scratch....we will see how it goes.

More to follow in the coming weeks/months.

Mock-up Photos; So Clean!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I like the way the Ducatis look with these. Still on the fence for the 09. Do you have a full-bike shot with this fender on it?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Nice, I was wondering when someone was going to try this. Looking forward to the results. Now who is gonna be the first to adapt a Ducati single side swing arm? I have a spare swing arm in the garage if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yesss!!!

I like the way the Ducatis look with these. Still on the fence for the 09. Do you have a full-bike shot with this fender on it?
No full shots yet. I had just received it and was just seeing what it would look like. There are still a number of things to be addressed: Mounting, dimensions, Centering, etc...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Looks interesting, but I can't make a judgement until I see it finished.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Found this on the other forum. Looks pretty ugly, but could be modified to look ok I guess. It is mounted under the axle plate in the back so you won't have to drill any holes of you use a simliar mount. Just an idea
Did you see the price on these though? I saw them a few months back.

Like a few hundred dollars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you see the price on these though? I saw them a few months back.

Like a few hundred dollars.
Yeah that's another turn off. If it looked really sleek i might consider paying that much, but the bracket is too wide. I understand it needs to be that big becuase it only attatches on one side, so it would shake if it wasn't sturdy. It might look better to have a bracket connecting to both sides with thinner bars since the FZ does have a full swing arm

·
Registered
4 Posts
ducati-multistrada-pikes-peak-edition-630.jpg

Another thing to consider is the Diavel uses a huge 230mm rear tire, so that bracket has a large bend in it to work around all that rubber. The hugger fender on the Multistrada curves around a standard rear tire, so it might be easier to work with

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
http://http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-mods/16384-fz1-tail-tidy-versus-mudguard.html

Fz1 forum about a mud guard being used for pretty much the same thing
that actually looks pretty good.

we did have a discussion about this a long while ago when someone was considering fabricating such a bracket. i suggested having the bracket be just on the left side of the bike, and for the least additional clutter, for it to be integral with the chain guard since the guard already has that bit that sticks out on top of and past the sprocket. i.e., it would be a one-piece chain guard/license plate holder.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Just a thought, but what about a rear hugger of a Ducati Scrambler, since it uses the same size rear tire?

DUCATI-SCRAMBLER-Full-Throttle-9.jpg

1 - 20 of 34 Posts