Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering a Nitron R1 shock which I believe have height adjustment. I have also read on this forum that several of you guys have had success lowering the front end about 4 mm to get better turn in.

To increase ground clearance + more weight on the front wheel/better turn in - what is a good baseline for rear shock length - +4 mm compared to original?

Or would it be better to keep the original steering geometry (same length on rear shock)? In that case I may go for the Öhlins (YA 335)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My ZX10 shock is 8mm longer (10mm more rear ride height) and I don't have any issues. Bike handle great IMO.
Thanks Marthy. Do you think a few mm more than the ZX10 would be a problem? > Is your turn in/stability perfect now, or could you handle even more turn in and less straight line stability?

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Thanks Marthy. Do you think a few mm more than the ZX10 would be a problem? > Is your turn in/stability perfect now, or could you handle even more turn in and less straight line stability?
I won't go that much more if any. Bike is very reponsive and stability is fine up to 140MPH. It's borderline for a steering damper but I'm gentle on the handlebars so its ok for now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, thank you so much for the insight - going to order the Nitron with +8mm length over original.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts