Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
evening guys. Anybody used one of these rear shock absorbers? I’m looking to finally upgrade the poor rear shock on my 2015 mt09. But not sure which route to go.
Cheers.
Craig.
Automotive lighting Tire Automotive tire Font Line

·
Super Moderator
2,742 Posts
One or two people have used ktech, ;).
Can’t go wrong. Search the forums here for several reviews.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I have the Razor R Lite on my bike and can say without a doubt that it's much better than stock. There have been a couple of times I wished I had bought the Razor R but that's only for the bling factor.

·
Registered
2016 xsr 900
1,505 Posts
I have the Razor-R on my 2016 XSR. No issues from it - I bought it used from another member here and wish it was valved a little softer - I like the way it feels just 2 clicks from 'softest' on the compression circuit.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I'm going to try. There might be tolls, or need a backhander for St Pete.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm running it along with the ktech cart kit up front. It's like riding a whole different bike,so nice. When ordering go with 1 spring rate softer then they recommend if you are using it for street riding
Thanks j. I wish I’d read this before I ordered. But I have ordered the 120 rated spring as I am a bigger guy. 120kg including gear so think the higher rated should be ok.

next Saturday it’s going on the bike, the. I need to try get it dialled in. Is sag a good place to start?

cheers.
Craig.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
yes, do static and rider sag first, but with the initial damper settings provided by K Tech. Rear sag should be around 35mm - rider and 10 - 14mm static

Reactions: shamrock
1 - 19 of 19 Posts