Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I've got one of my shops building me custom adjustable rear sets for way less than I've found them for anywhere else!!
Here is a progress picture.
Check out their Facebook page or Google them.
Cycleheap.com

Attachments

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
They look nice..let us know how they work out....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
He makes a bracket to take your passenger pegs off and keep your rear resevoir in the same location.
He's working on axle sliders and other goodies now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes rumours are true - we've produced six sets total, one which Dave's now got on his bike. He's given some great input through the design process and now I've re-worked the shifter peg for shorter throw, a more positive feel. I'm cranking out the quicker throw shifter pegs now, so a touch of patience and they'll be ready early next week. PM me if you're interested in a set or have general questions, I can send you dimensions, finishing options, and fitment information. Then I'll post them to our web site for sale. And what else can we make for your FZ09?? (please don't ask for a fourteen piston rear caliper bracket!)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm interested in the passenger peg block offs
Here's the first plain finish set. I kept the left side a mirror-image for mounting an outlet for heated vest or fixing your battery tender plug to.
These I'll price at $18 a pair, Monday or Tuesday I'll get my web page guy to make product entries for these and the rearsets.
Any suggestions before I crank a pile out?
IMG_5522[1].JPG

IMG_5523[1].jpg

·
Registered
216 Posts
I would be interested in a small clean rack for the rear. I had a rack built for my FJR about 8 years ago that was fabricated from aluminum rod. It bolted directly to existing points on the FJR and included a post for a pillion back rest. I think I paid $150 for it and it is fantastic for strapping a bag to or about anything that would fit in a cargo net bungy. I hate the look of the OEM rack. With all the guys that are using their FZs for sport touring, I think you would have a nice market for a properly designed and priced unit.
Yes rumours are true - we've produced six sets total, one which Dave's now got on his bike. He's given some great input through the design process and now I've re-worked the shifter peg for shorter throw, a more positive feel. I'm cranking out the quicker throw shifter pegs now, so a touch of patience and they'll be ready early next week. PM me if you're interested in a set or have general questions, I can send you dimensions, finishing options, and fitment information. Then I'll post them to our web site for sale. And what else can we make for your FZ09?? (please don't ask for a fourteen piston rear caliper bracket!)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just an update on timeline - I hadn't heard anyone's interest in custom colors, so spent my time milling two more sets. I've dropped them off to a professional anodizing shop and told them all satin black. They'll come back next Wednesday or Thursday, then I'll post them to my web site. $379 plus shipping, custom engraving will be $30 - $40 extra, depending on design.
I'll mill out prototype frame sliders early next week, they should be quick.
A rear rack is worth some thought, though that might be best left to another shop who's better set-up for that job. I'll learn more about that after sliders are done.
Rear peg block-offs are posted to our web site as of yesterday.
They're the fastest, cheapest way for your FZ09 to lose a few pounds outside of a spooky high side at speed.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Here's the first plain finish set. I kept the left side a mirror-image for mounting an outlet for heated vest or fixing your battery tender plug to.
These I'll price at $18 a pair, Monday or Tuesday I'll get my web page guy to make product entries for these and the rearsets.
Any suggestions before I crank a pile out?
View attachment 11189

View attachment 11190
Can not find your web sight ...typing in cycleheap gets me to a lot of strange places...i want a pair of these in black !

·
Registered
833 Posts
Cycle Heap

try that.

I am going to order the peg removal plates on Friday. I will let you guys know how they work out. Another thread should be started for the peg deletes. Some that are not interested in the rear sets may be interested in the peg delete...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.