Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any rear sets available for the fz-09?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those rear set looks nice though.
I need to replace my brake pedals so I thought it would be a good excuse to buy some new rear sets. Is it worth it or should I just replace my pedal?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Those rear set looks nice though.
I need to replace my brake pedals so I thought it would be a good excuse to buy some new rear sets. Is it worth it or should I just replace my pedal?
That's really up to you, I'd say. Have you ever ridden with solid mount footpegs? It's a different feel. Personally I prefer solid mount pegs over the OEM folding ones.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've never had but my plan was to eventually change the rear sets also. What is the price for just the OEM brake pedal?

·
Super Moderator
5,752 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken, changing rearsets on this bike will be a B!$ch to change, as one of the mounting points is the swing arm through bolt. Too much work for me personally, as I've already converted my stock rearsets to GP shift.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
maryleejayne, how badly do you want to? To get the left hand side one off you have to pull out the swing arm pivot bolt, similar to installing a shock.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Im also searching for a guide on how to install rearsets, I have my gilles sitting around waiting until I can work it out.. Dont want to just wing it without knowing exactly what/how to do it..

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Some where on the forum there was discussion of it but I can't find it. Short version:

Put bike on front and rear stands.

Take off seat and tank.

Put straps on both sides of the rear subframe by the battery.

Lift from above so that there is neither pressure or tension on the rear shock. Remove the upper shock mount bolt.

Take the nut off the swing arm, it is the top mount of the right hand rear set.

Use a long bolt or rod a bit smaller diameter than the swing arm pivot bolt to push it out.

Leave the pusher there until you slide the pivot bolt back into keep the swing arm in place.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts