Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for available rear set options, trying to get an alternative that is going to give me a bit more lean angle. I am consistently limited by the pegs, so I was hoping to get an adjustable rear set.

·
Registered
474 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think the muffler location might impair the use of rear-sets, unless you mount them higher than the stock position. I'm interested to see what you find.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
I was going to say the same thing about removing the peg feelers. I've got maybe 1/4"or less chicken strips on mine and the Peg's don't touch down with the feelers off. Also, make sure the rear and front sag is properly adjusted, as that will affect the peg height when you are leaning the bike in a corner.

Yamaha advertised this bike in the beginning (back before it was released), that it had a 51 degree lean angle which was the same as a Yamaha R6. Check it out, you may not really need rearsets.

Reactions: Lynchy803 and v2Bob

·
Registered
518 Posts
So, I don't care so much about greater lean angle, but coming from an r6 and an r1, my feet want to sit further back. There are the aftermarket ones on the MT-09 accessories page, but they are INSANELY expensive. Any other adjustable/non folding ones out there. Especially if they are further back and maybe up a little.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Have you considered what's involved in swapping them out? It will not be easy.

Just mentioning it because another forum member dropped the cash on set and then realized what a major PIA it was going to be to swap them out and promptly put them up for sale.

I think they're still for sale if you check the classifieds section (although he's asking for more than you can buy them for online).

Just a heads up.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Yes, I am aware. I will adjust eventually, but right now, i find myself haveing to adjust my foot placement any time i want to use my controls
not safe.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I'm thinking about rearsets now, because I'm finding that my race boots (my old Sidi boots that I use for street) hit the clutch case when I try to get on the rear brake! When I try to cover the rear brake for wheelies my shin hits the clutch. Not cool. I really like the peg position where it is for where I sit, but I think I need to move them back maybe an inch to make rear brake access better.

Anybody else have this problem? I think pair of shorter boots might solve the problem too, but rearsets are way cooler than new boots. LOL

·
Registered
518 Posts
I'm thinking about rearsets now, because I'm finding that my race boots (my old Sidi boots that I use for street) hit the clutch case when I try to get on the rear brake! When I try to cover the rear brake for wheelies my shin hits the clutch. Not cool. I really like the peg position where it is for where I sit, but I think I need to move them back maybe an inch to make rear brake access better.

Anybody else have this problem? I think pair of shorter boots might solve the problem too, but rearsets are way cooler than new boots. LOL
EXACTLY...maybe it's just my sidi's

·
Registered
518 Posts
I like my Sidis too much to switch boots...guess I'll be waiting for some woodcrafters. Or a 800 dollar windfall so I can get the adjustable ones on the Euro site.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I'm having a hard time finding shorter boots that I like. I've been wearing full race boots every time I ride for like 15 years... kinda hard to switch.

Yeah I wonder how much adjustment there really is the with OEM accessory rearsets. I'm trying to find some more info on the ValterMoto rearsets but their site kinda blows chunks.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I just did a quick googlebox lookup on "FZ09 adjustable rearset" A couple companies have them...some are OBSCENELY expensive.

But some look alright.

·
Registered
518 Posts
On another note, I have just recenlty started wearing boots on the street, and after my most recent rear ending, I wont ever wear short boots. Based on the briuse through my plastics from my peg, I question if I would have been walking if I had been in short boots.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts