Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey team,

I have a posture problem... Ever since getting my Super Tech R boots, I am having trouble getting my feet high enough on the balls to clear my toes in turns.
So now, I'm dragging my toes on the sliders and disrupting the chassis.

I am considering either getting new rear sets, or possibly just raising the rear suspension some. I'm overall happy with the handling as is, so adjusting the suspension geometry will definitely change that.

Woodcraft has some amazing stuff, and I'm considering a set.
I'd also need the shifter side to be compatible with my QS/AB, so I might need to look at that length and make sure it'll work. (Might have to cut and adjust the shift linkage.)

Anyone else running aftermarket rear sets that they really like or don't like?

Not looking forward to cramped knees now... but whatever it takes to get lower.

Woodcraft:

Another brand, "RemakAble101"

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Just make sure it doesn't create joint problems.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Yes. I have woodcraft combined with the Yamaha comfort seat and it feels like the OEM length. But I also put my pegs up high.
Would recommend would craft. I am also running a translogic QS/AB

Reactions: MK3Brent

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. I have woodcraft combined with the Yamaha comfort seat and it feels like the OEM length. But I also put my pegs up high.
Would recommend would craft. I am also running a translogic QS/AB
I just bought a comfort seat and should have it Monday. I'm going to try that out first.
My thinking is, if I can raise my hips up a couple inches with the seat, I can then flex my knees up and move my boots back on the pegs. I really enjoy going on long mountain rides where I might be cruising for hours and don't want to cramp up. I really appreciate the input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts