Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen rear cowl seat covers? I saw one in a web pic but not sure if its custom?

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I've seen them for sale on eBay but no Red available yet. I haven't looked in about a month so things may have changed.

Adding a Tail Bag there to hold some drinks and a few PB & J's makes a lot of sense too.

Both would be very easily interchangeable. :eek:

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Doug: THAT is a Beautiful Bike!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice Doug, makes me almost wish I bought a red one. :p

Aren't those rear seat cowls like $150? Seems like a lot for a piece of plastic.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have the Powerbronze love it.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I think the Powerbronze looks great, but not at all happy with the mounting tabs. The new tabs just arrived and I have some amazing glue to make sure that they don't pop off again. You have to be really careful not to cut the seat cover with them. I wrapped them with electrical tape. More pictures elsewhere on the forum. I went to great lengths to get it painted to match the factory metalflake. The dip in the middle matches the rear fender, which is very cool. I may still drill it and make mounts where the ***** stap mounted originally.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Ermax makes an unpainted version, it's a good bit cheaper, and allows you to paint it in the rapid red.
Where is the "Rapid Red" Paint available...???

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Reactions: Da Braddah

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Well, I glued the missing tabs back on my Powerbronze cowl with industrial strength Rapid Fix. The sucker should break before the tabs come off this time.

cowl1.jpg cowl2.jpg

1 - 20 of 91 Posts