Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen rear cowl seat covers? I saw one in a web pic but not sure if its custom?

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I've seen them for sale on eBay but no Red available yet. I haven't looked in about a month so things may have changed.

Adding a Tail Bag there to hold some drinks and a few PB & J's makes a lot of sense too.

Both would be very easily interchangeable. :eek:

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Doug: THAT is a Beautiful Bike!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice Doug, makes me almost wish I bought a red one. :p

Aren't those rear seat cowls like $150? Seems like a lot for a piece of plastic.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have the Powerbronze love it.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I think the Powerbronze looks great, but not at all happy with the mounting tabs. The new tabs just arrived and I have some amazing glue to make sure that they don't pop off again. You have to be really careful not to cut the seat cover with them. I wrapped them with electrical tape. More pictures elsewhere on the forum. I went to great lengths to get it painted to match the factory metalflake. The dip in the middle matches the rear fender, which is very cool. I may still drill it and make mounts where the ***** stap mounted originally.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Ermax makes an unpainted version, it's a good bit cheaper, and allows you to paint it in the rapid red.
Where is the "Rapid Red" Paint available...???

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Reactions: Da Braddah

·
Banned
3,470 Posts

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Well, I glued the missing tabs back on my Powerbronze cowl with industrial strength Rapid Fix. The sucker should break before the tabs come off this time.

Product Plastic Liquid Magenta Solvent Red Material property Plastic Glass

1 - 20 of 91 Posts