Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I bought this with the intent on purchasing the OEM-specific rear case. It is sold everywhere except the US at this point. Switched gears and got the Givi setup (already owned a case and an M5M top plate). $210 shipped in the Cont. 48.

Don

·
Registered
616 Posts
I'm using the OEM rear rack. Motorock posted Twisted Throttle had a sale on Coo Cases. I got a 50L w/mount for $85.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I prefer givi or hepco and Becker cases. Those systems will allow access for sidecases a little better as they do not have integrated grab handles into the rack.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I am going to get the Hepco Becker side case brackets that fit with the OEM rack- and then it will be a full set up.
I liked the cost savings that the CooCase afforded me- so far no issues. The finish isn't as good as a Givi but it carried heavy loads through my recent 900+ mile trip without any problems. The saddlebags were problematic only because I felt unsafe leaving them unattended on the street- That's why going for the lockable sidecases soon. Two-up touring does call for some extra measures I had never thought of before!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Already had the Givi case and the M5M plate so the $110 for the Givi arms are truly the cheap way out. I really didn't want the cheap way out. That case Yamaha has is great looking/top notch with the carrier. Just needed something sooner than later. Carrier is still available.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Yeah, that makes sense- and cheaper for you for sure.
To potential buyers out there- its a good deal. Dealers and online shops will send you closer to 230-ish or more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts