Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lets see how some of you have relocated the rear brake fluid resovour.

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
I've got a bunch of Tygon, and those plugs laying around.

Make sure it's the Tygon that is rated for brake fluid....some of it isn't.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just bolted mine to where the rear pegs used to bolt.

I did the tygon line on my r1 and actually bought the pieces to do it on the 9 but figuires this is easier to bleed and looks pretty clean also
Exactly what I did. :)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Like the idea of having a reduced length of reservoir line using the Tygon method in place of the factory reservoir. For now I will just mount the factory reservoir to the one of the holes left after removing the footpeg bracket.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I'm actually about to pull the trigger on the R&G passenger block offs and reservoir mount.

It's expensive, but I've not spent a dime on the bike since March, and have a lot of motorcycle fund to allocate!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm actually about to pull the trigger on the R&G passenger block offs and reservoir mount.

It's expensive, but I've not spent a dime on the bike since March, and have a lot of motorcycle fund to allocate!
Show me what your talking bout, or mabee a web site.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
My issue, is really the unfinished look of the bracket after the pegs are removed.

$100 is terrible. However, I've been teaching a lot, and my motorcycle slush fund is crazy full... So I may just spring for it.

The R&G blanks cover both sides, and make them look clean.

·
Vendor
3,297 Posts
Yeah, you're on your own for the peg removal. I originally intended to sell block off plates with the kit, but there was no market. Many people wanted to tidy up the placement but maintain the pegs for a passenger.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Reactions: DreamFZ

·
Vendor
1,507 Posts
I just put the factory bolts back in the when I pulled the rear pegs. Looks way better then them out.

Ace harware has hole plugs in black plastic that would fill the holes nice and clean

the stoltech bracket , looks like a great deal though

1 - 20 of 46 Posts