Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the life of me I can't figure out how to change the time on this thing. I am sure it's something really simple. If someone has done this and can save me any more aggravation, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Try holding down one of the buttons... I didnt even realize it displayed the time, haha... Im always watching engine heat

·
Registered
389 Posts
With the key in the ON position

Hold down both the SELECT and RESET buttons until the time starts to flash.

I believe RESET will cycle through the digits while SELECT will move from HOUR to MINUTE to SET.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was pushing the buttons by themselves, haven't pressed them at the same time. I'll try that on Saturday. I'm separated from my bike during the week until summer (teach in NY during the week, bike is in PA). Yay. Thanks!

I haven't been watching the temp. What are you looking for? When starting it, I wait for the RPMs to even out and for the bike to sound like it's running smooth. Maybe the temp thing would be easier, if this is what you are doing with it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I keep mine set to cover the engine temp as well. Jen, when you start the bike, its best (this is just my opinion) to let the engine get some heat in it before you drive off. I usually let it idle until its over about 124*. Once the engine is warm enough to register a temp on the display it will heat up rather quickly, but just driving off with a cold engine is a big no no...

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm there for a bit. My Harley takes ten minutes to warm up. Maybe more. Ugh. I'm used to waiting. I'll check the temp and make sure it's there. With the Harley, it's a listening thing since there really isn't much info coming from gauges. I have a speedometer, that's it. I have been listening to the bike the same way but also using the tach. The temp thing is a good idea.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
It happen to me once on the FZ6R. I hold only one and swap the dash to KMH.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's the first thing that I did. Someone here actually told me to throw it out the window or burn it or something. I don't recall seeing the time thing. My favorite page was the one that talked about the shift points and speeds. They were absolutely ridiculous.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Disconnect the battery and hook it up at exactly 12:00...

Just kidding.. Use both buttons like the above poster mentioned.. Careful tho I changed to kmh by accident once and it took me a while to figure out how to get it back..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts