Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My seat came in last week and I might finally be ready to put some miles on the 09. I knew when I bought the bike in October I would be spending the winter staring at her in my garage. I managed to get about 800 km on her before she got put into storage. About the only nice thing about 6 months of winter is you don't have to worry about time spent installing upgrades eating into your riding time.

I started off with the obvious things like getting rid of the stock signal lights and installing a fender eliminator, then moved onto the more fun upgrades (Akra Carbon with Vcyclenut flash, Vcyclenut quickshifter kit). I also installed some cheap $20 ebay passenger peg removal brackets (made of aluminum so not sure how much abuse they would take but seem to do the job, felt weird spending 80+ dollars of two little metal plates), I also picked up the GYTR radiator guard with the FZ09 on it (I always liked how the FZ8s had similar guards on them from the factory and was dissapointed when they didn't put them on the 09), then I splurged and got Saddlemen to custom build me a seat based on Aaron Colton's FZ09 seat, I took the shape of his and changed out the grippy cover with standard vinyl with carbon weave accents, yellow stitching and got them to make the channel in the middle of the seat yellow carbon fiber weave. I was very worried that the yellow wouldn't match and it would end up looking weird but I truly couldn't be happier. Well here are a few pictures of my bike, if anyone has any other ideas for upgrades I am all ears. I can't wait to finally put on some serious seat time now that spring is here ;)

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Beautiful photo's! Thanks for sharing.....like the look from tip to end, especially the pipe and the seat. I might swap out the stock headlight for Tripage LED. Also a pr of Black Shorty Levers and a dark Smoke Puig Screen.

Anytime your tired of the yellow and want to trade for the faster Red just PM me. Ill even throw in some cash to make it fair :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the kinds words, LED headlight is definitely something I would like to do as well as swap out the levers. I don't mind the wind and kind of like the look of it without a windscreen, I am sure when I start taking it on longer trips I will have to put one on.

If you made me that offer the day I was standing in the dealership literally spending an hour+ trying to decide between the yellow and the graphite, wishing I could find an orange or red fz you would have had an instant deal. I was worried the yellow was going to be too flashy but now it has quickly become my favorite color on the 09.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Food for thought:

image.jpg

Reactions: FreckyB

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have always loved the contrast of white and black bikes and almost bought an fz07 just because of how great the white one looks. That's one awesome looking 09

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
I have always loved the contrast of white and black bikes and almost bought an fz07 just because of how great the white one looks. That's one awesome looking 09
You drive a hard bargain -- Ok, I'll trade you his white FZ for your yellow one, even up!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
My seat came in last week and I might finally be ready to put some miles on the 09. I knew when I bought the bike in October I would be spending the winter staring at her in my garage. I managed to get about 800 km on her before she got put into storage. About the only nice thing about 6 months of winter is you don't have to worry about time spent installing upgrades eating into your riding time.

I started off with the obvious things like getting rid of the stock signal lights and installing a fender eliminator, then moved onto the more fun upgrades (Akra Carbon with Vcyclenut flash, Vcyclenut quickshifter kit). I also installed some cheap $20 ebay passenger peg removal brackets (made of aluminum so not sure how much abuse they would take but seem to do the job, felt weird spending 80+ dollars of two little metal plates), I also picked up the GYTR radiator guard with the FZ09 on it (I always liked how the FZ8s had similar guards on them from the factory and was dissapointed when they didn't put them on the 09), then I splurged and got Saddlemen to custom build me a seat based on Aaron Colton's FZ09 seat, I took the shape of his and changed out the grippy cover with standard vinyl with carbon weave accents, yellow stitching and got them to make the channel in the middle of the seat yellow carbon fiber weave. I was very worried that the yellow wouldn't match and it would end up looking weird but I truly couldn't be happier. Well here are a few pictures of my bike, if anyone has any other ideas for upgrades I am all ears. I can't wait to finally put on some serious seat time now that spring is here ;)

Look at that sexy yellow beast!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Love the color matching on the seat. Bike looks great! Now ride the sh!t out of her!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts