Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
So I have been here and there on this site, but with the 2020 riding season upon us, I figured I better get serious and start posting on here a lot and kinda "re-introduce" myself.

Riding experience will be 8+ years this July, 4 of which were on the track(TD's/Racing). My goal with my current 2017 FZ-09 is to make it a formidable track weapon whiel being comfortable enough to ride down to NC or somewhere for 5+ hrs. I have plenty of plans, but most notably the Woodcraft Clip-On Risers and Woodcraft Rearsets(still saving) with host that adjustability nicely.

A little about me. Graduated Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University 2010 and having been working mostly in aviation all my career. One day in 2012, I opted to get out of PT by taking a two day MSF Basic Course. My motorcycle instructor sold me his 2009 Ninja 250R and the rest was history.

Going to be alot more active around here and hopefully even meeting some of you fine folks. My last forum(ZX6R.com) was a hoot to always write in and I am hopeful to see the same.

Cheers

·
Registered
240 Posts
I was out in Hershey for a week with the 09 last summer. My mom rented a house out there so the young Grandkids could go to the park. I brought the bike and rode everyday. Nice Introduction... I'm planning a three day ride with a group from Ohio out to North Central PA in June maybe we can meet up for a days ride. That is if were allowed out and about by then.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Good to see you posting more, I'll be all over the northeast once all this chaos settles down. We'll have to meet up.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Do your research on the woodcraft bars. I think You would be better off switching to an aggressive style pro-taper bar or something similar. The FZ-09 with proper modifications is a nasty little bike. I'll post up pictures of mine in a few days, need to put her back together first:devilish:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts