Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am planning to re-enter the M/C world after a hiatus for several years; I rode a mildly-modded SV650 for awhile (enjoyed the heck out of that little beastie) and now have my sights set squarely on an FZ09 for my next foray into the two-wheeled world. Just joined to do my due diligence and research... I look forward to learning more about the latest FZ an the owners' collective experience. Cheers!

Ron A.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Best bike I have ever owned.

Just simply does everything I would want her to, everything I need her to, and everything I ask her to.

Surprises me with those little power wheelies I didn't even ask for. And massive ones that I did.

And switches from insane crazy motard fun.........to sedate cruising in an instant. All whilst sitting upright in one of the most comfortable positions I feel you can be in. The seat may make you get off before you want to, but all can be rectified for the rectum via many options.

Seriously, buy one. I researched.......and researched.......and researched. Then I went and rode one. Nothing more was needed to be researched after that.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
lot of former sv650 owners here including myself so you're in good company. Welcome and keep us posted!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I also had an SV650s (99-02 model)

The FZ just... it just seriously blows it out of the water (even stock). Once you start modding... say goodbye to your wallet because you'll just LOVE it!

·
Vendor
2,404 Posts
Welcome to the addiction!
One of my previous bikes was a 1st gen Sv...
You are going to love the FZ-09.

·
Super Moderator
5,762 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ron......lots of really good info here and lot of very knowledgeable members that are more than willing to help. Use the search function and most likely, someone has already talked/discussed it here before.....huge knowledge base.

·
Banned
3,470 Posts
Tons of info here. Enjoy learning about the Most Fun $8k can buy...:cool:

·
Registered
511 Posts
I think it's a great bike. Makes me feel years younger and encourages me to do things I shouldn't. Don't know if that's good or bad but it makes me feel good. Or is that bad?:evil:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Even with all the niggles of buying a first year production bike (cct, headlight harness, rock hard seat...) I don't regret the purchase. All i have to do is give the throttle a little crank when i know i'm alone on the road... it never ceases to make me smile. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts