Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sounds a bit more clicky than my 2018, but that could be your cell phone ampifying normal fuel injector noise.

I believe the CCT issue causes a worse racket than that, and is mostly found on 2014-15 models. What year is yours?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds a bit more clicky than my 2018, but that could be your cell phone ampifying normal fuel injector noise.

I believe the CCT issue causes a worse racket than that, and is mostly found on 2014-15 models. What year is yours?

it’s a 2015. To be honest my phone dampens the noise if I’m honest. It’s even making the noise whilst riding etc.
Very annoying.
Cheers.
Craig.

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
I'm pretty sure that's not CCT. They usually rattle at around 4k revs, and it's unmistakeable.

·
Registered
182 Posts
If this was a modern GDI car with high-pressure fuel injectors, a "clicky" idle would be considered normal. But it's a bit loud for an MT09.

If this was my old SR250 with screw-type valve adjusters, I'd say loose valve clearance. But bucket-and-shim systems like the MT09 typically get tighter over time.

Keep us posted.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Noise doesn't sound worrisome to me... BUT definitely not normal indeed. It almost sounds like loose valve clearances, but as mentioned, it's almost impossible with a shim-under-bucket system. Maybe clutch basket related??? I'd show it to a knowledgeable dealer tech/manager, and see what they say. Please keep us posted. Good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts