Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you ever incorporate a raspberry pi into your motorcycle? For those of you that don't know what it is.... Its basically a small hard drive sized computer for around $35.

Raspberry Pi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have seen things like recording motorcycle data to incorporate into your gopro and used for creating an lcd display for speed and other data from the ecu. I was thinking about creating a random music player where when it boots it goes right into playing a random song and then picks another random song after that. I have not really looked into it much but just wondering if any of you out there have done any cool thing with a raspberry pi either on or off the motorcycle.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I love the raspberry pi! Have one, but have not really applied it to to many applications over the last couple of years. It's currently set up as a media server at home. I would love to hear more ideas for applying to the fz, so I am subscribing now

·
Registered
474 Posts
There is a guy who posted pics recently of a Arduino based FZ computer capturing tire temp and some other data. You can easily log data to an SD card with an arduino based platform. THe trick would be taping into the FZ to get the readings. Also you can get a GPS sensor for an Arduino and record some speed / path that way.

I play some with Arduino an IC, not the PI (a micro computer)

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
You guys are so far over my head with this discussion, I think I'll go back to playing pong on my Atari!

Reactions: v2Bob and 765

·
Registered
71 Posts
There is a guy who posted pics recently of a Arduino based FZ computer capturing tire temp and some other data. You can easily log data to an SD card with an arduino based platform. THe trick would be taping into the FZ to get the readings. Also you can get a GPS sensor for an Arduino and record some speed / path that way.

I play some with Arduino an IC, not the PI (a micro computer)
Or you can utilize both. I bought my recently-retired Dad a Pi for Father's Day a while back and he has gone crazy. He bought an arduino, a ton of sensors and add ons. One of his projects (his robot) got written up on the Adafruit site:

http://www.adafruit.com/blog/2013/1...ontrolled-by-arduino-uno-and-v2-motor-shield/

He's a retired electrical engineer, so this is what he does now, haha!

The uses are endless

·
Registered
277 Posts
This would be awesome...Anyone have some good links for some basic setup info or write ups. I'm just a lowly Mech. E so my programming knowledge is limited.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts