Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my pictures in from my first track session:

Inland Speed

This is my favorite so far:
20140724-WEB-20140724-WEB-_RY_1484_xlarge.jpg

·
Registered
474 Posts
Awesome, vivid shots. Question for you coming from someone who has not yet been to the track. You look a little crossed up in some of those shots, like you are leaning your lower body correctly but the shoulders are leaning a bit the other way.

No idea what I look like going around the curves. I would like a track day soon.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Awesome, vivid shots. Question for you coming from someone who has not yet been to the track. You look a little crossed up in some of those shots, like you are leaning your lower body correctly but the shoulders are leaning a bit the other way.

Know idea what I look like going around the curves. I would like a track day soon.
My guess is that those few shots were corners that he wasn't pushing it too much...when he has his knee down the posture looks better. Also, the higher handlebars give the arms a less familiar track rider appearance

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Finally got my pictures in from my first track session:

Inland Speed

This is my favorite so far:
View attachment 7322
Those are nice shots, looks like you had a blast! One thing I notice is that even without a ton of lean angle, the pegs are so close to the ground. Did you find you were grinding the feelers a lot, or did you remove them? Thanks for posting these...

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
I can answer that one. It will be necessary to remove the feelers from the pegs as the lean angle increases, especially at a track day. I don't ride terribly hard on the street and I drug mine a few times before I removed them. Having said that though, the more you can get your body, both your butt/legs and your upper body off of the bike and to the inside of the turn, the less lean angle you will have to use for a given speed radius corner.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I can answer that one. It will be necessary to remove the feelers from the pegs as the lean angle increases, especially at a track day. I don't ride terribly hard on the street and I drug mine a few times before I removed them. Having said that though, the more you can get your body, both your butt/legs and your upper body off of the bike and to the inside of the turn, the less lean angle you will have to use for a given speed radius corner.
Thanks for the reply, Vern. Do you find the pegs themselves rubbing at times even after the feelers are removed?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I definitely hit my feelers a few times! And the control rider helping me out noticed I was crossed up a bit too. You can even see the twisting in my torso in one or two of the picture where the leather is bunching up.

It's a bit difficult to get far off the seat, hug the body of the bike with the outside leg and stretch your torso out with the upright bars but I'm sure after more practice and more track days I'll improve on that! One of my big focuses is being in a good position and being smooth throughout the track.

The track is an absolute blast and I'd highly recommend it to anyone that wants to stretch their speed legs.

Also, the album has been updated. Apparently I was checking in on the website before he was finished uploading them. Yes, I did pay for the photos so I'm not stealing my images!

Here is the full website gallery to credit ActionShotsNW and Paul for his great work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts