Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And tomorrow....IT'S MINE. I got a call from the dealer over there that they had just received a Red one. She and I had talked a month or so ago and her price was a little high for me and of course, she had no idea when it would arrive. Bottom line is she did me right on price and was extremely professional and worked hard for me. I'm giving her my business and calling my original dealer and cancelling with him. I do believe that he screwed up and didn't order the Red one when he was suppose to and now he won't get it until the second allocation comes in......late October or possibly early Nov.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
And tomorrow....IT'S MINE. I got a call from the dealer over there that they had just received a Red one. She and I had talked a month or so ago and her price was a little high for me and of course, she had no idea when it would arrive. Bottom line is she did me right on price and was extremely professional and worked hard for me. I'm giving her my business and calling my original dealer and cancelling with him. I do believe that he screwed up and didn't order the Red one when he was suppose to and now he won't get it until the second allocation comes in......late October or possibly early Nov.
I am thinking that my dealer screwed up on his order too. If I didn't like him, I would have bolted.

·
Super Moderator
5,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doug....I can ask her tomorrow how many more she has coming in if you want me to?

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Vern, I appreciate the thought, but my friend and I go way back and it is not his fault. I am going to dog the owner when I pick mine up. He screwed up on my CBR954 order and lost my business that time, and once forgot to register my VFR warranty another time and had to cut me back a check.

W

·
0 Posts
About time!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Well, Vern. I guess you beat me to the punch. You probably will be the first owner to have your pic taken at the dragon. I've still heard not a peep from my dealer and they have 3 on order, 2 red and a graphite. I'm anxious, but my Bandit runs perfect, so I can justify a brief wait. Still looking forward to getting together with you before winter!

·
Registered
601 Posts
I wish I knew the date of the first order deadline. Then I could ask my dealer when it was ordered.

They seem very disorganized.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Great to hear. Post some pic when you can. I don't blame you for jumping ship, am wondering if I should do the same.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I am thinking that my dealer screwed up on his order too.
I'm starting to wonder the same. My dealer has 4 Yamaha dealerships around the DFW area and the general manager over them all said I get the first no matter which store gets it first. I got a call back yesterday - still sometime Oct (hopefully).

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
I'm starting to wonder the same. My dealer has 4 Yamaha dealerships around the DFW area and the general manager over them all said I get the first no matter which store gets it first. I got a call back yesterday - still sometime Oct (hopefully).
Times like these it pays for the dealership to have a great relationship with their factory rep.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Just another FYI, the second shipment is supposed to leave the U.S. warehouse(s) the last week in October. This is info direct from Yamaha.

Like anything though, things change in the real world. I'm hoping earlier.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Times like these it pays for the dealership to have a great relationship with their factory rep.
Yeah, we think his rep doesn't know sht. When the first ones started showing up on here I called them and he called his rep and his rep promised there was not one FZ-09 in the U.S. yet. I told him, at that time, there were several people posting photos online with them, he again called his rep and he said no way, if so they were maybe only demo bikes BUT none for consumer use. Yeah I think his rep doesn't know sht.

·
Registered
247 Posts
With 4 dealerships in the Dallas Fort Worth area he should have one FZ09 by now. Maybe he promised others the same deal as you?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Yeah, we think his rep doesn't know sht. When the first ones started showing up on here I called them and he called his rep and his rep promised there was not one FZ-09 in the U.S. yet. I told him, at that time, there were several people posting photos online with them, he again called his rep and he said no way, if so they were maybe only demo bikes BUT none for consumer use. Yeah I think his rep doesn't know sht.
I heard the exact same thing from a dealer near San Antonio.. Must be the same rep.. He couldn't comprehend that they are out there and I personally saw them.. "my rep tells me none have been delivered to the southwest and it's probably just a demo if it exists". A week after they hit Texas.. I'm #2 after duck so I hope they get multiples in one shipment.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I heard the exact same thing from a dealer near San Antonio.. Must be the same rep.. He couldn't comprehend that they are out there and I personally saw them.. "my rep tells me none have been delivered to the southwest and it's probably just a demo if it exists". A week after they hit Texas.. I'm #2 after duck so I hope they get multiples in one shipment.
Yeah, that sound like the same rep, exactly. The rep was obviously oblivious.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts