Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
25 miles after the sucker started blinking. What a pain! 150 some odd miles total until it died. I hit the 1,000 mark after I filled her back up then came back home due to the cold(29 degrees right now). I feel like my finger tips have been hit with hammers.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Woww thanks for letting us know, now I know when its blinking get Petrol asap LOL.
Brrr cold, here in MN its -8. Check out the 'Oxford Heaterz Premium heated grips' new model with all new controller, I just ordered those from Twisted Throttle... install pics and all the hurray will follow.

·
Registered
580 Posts
That was bad luck - how far did you have to push the bike.
That should have helped warm you up though.
On my commute to work (a 30 mile round trip) I can do 5 days before filling up and I'm putting in around 3.2 gallons. It is a worry having that bar flashing so early.

·
Banned
161 Posts
Jeez man did you really HAVE to go that far without fueling up?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking into heated grips, Bark Busters, heated glove liners.....because dang. Hammers on the hands!

I actually got lucky and it stopped putting along just down from my apartment complex. Not that hard to push, but never again!

If I had to do it over, I would have grabbed some gas. Hindsight something something...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Woww thanks for letting us know, now I know when its blinking get Petrol asap LOL.
Brrr cold, here in MN its -8. Check out the 'Oxford Heaterz Premium heated grips' new model with all new controller, I just ordered those from Twisted Throttle... install pics and all the hurray will follow.
Where are you going to mount the control unit? I like the grips, but I dont want the panel in sight.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Where are you going to mount the control unit? I like the grips, but I dont want the panel in sight.
Right... I raised the some question with myself. I will choose the velcro option to mount to controller. And where I will share with pics as soon the cold spell passes brrrr still an icebox here. lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts