Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Either my eyes are bugged out or I see nothing but fins no protection. Opinions? (click image twice)

2014-yamaha-fz-09-12.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,700 Posts
It's no different than many of the bikes that are made......basically no protection in front of the radiator. Cox radiator guards may pick up the ball and manufacture one, one the bike is released.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Either my eyes are bugged out or I see nothing but fins no protection. Opinions? (click image twice)

View attachment 266
Deadduck357 posted a link to Yammies EU MT-09 page in the FZ/MT-09 Genuine Accessories thread. The site has radiator protectors for the MT-09 (which will work fro the FZ-09 - after a little research I did). Looks pretty decent (but I'd prefer them either color keyed or black). Check'em out -- They might work.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
There are 2 types of radiator protectors being talked about in this thread. The Euro Yamaha site has side protectors, for road rash in a crash. I thought the original question by chromax was about the front delicate fins that the air flows through, protecting them from rocks and road debris thrown up by tires etc.

2006-2013 is the company Vern was talking about.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
77 Posts
There are 2 types of radiator protectors being talked about in this thread. The Euro Yamaha site has side protectors, for road rash in a crash. I thought the original question by chromax was about the front delicate fins that the air flows through, protecting them from rocks and road debris thrown up by tires etc.

2006-2013 is the company Vern was talking about.
Good catch V2Bob. Thanks. I think you you’re right about the original question serving reference to protection for the fins as opposed to the sides. And Thanks Much for the link to Cox Racing Group. I had no idea that they had become as large a supporter of Yamaha Racing as they have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts