Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is another picture taken at the Timonium (north of Baltimore) Motorcycle Show today. A local dealership had a Rapid Red FZ-09 with a number of Yamaha parts installed. The following pictures show the mesh "intake" screen and the radiator guard.

Not sure about buying either of these, although the radiator guard might go nicely with my Woodcraft frame sliders protecting that area of the FZ-09.

·
Registered
666 Posts
i need something for the radiator. already had a random tree branch/stick whack the radiator fins which left a 10 inch mark across the face of it. The guard in your picture just cover the sides... I wouldn't mind making one out of perforated steel, but where do I find that for less than what it costs to just buy one?

·
Registered
235 Posts
i need something for the radiator. already had a random tree branch/stick whack the radiator fins which left a 10 inch mark across the face of it. The guard in your picture just cover the sides... I wouldn't mind making one out of perforated steel, but where do I find that for less than what it costs to just buy one?

There was a member here that made one from a perf sheet from lowes/HD.. Really cheap.. There's a write up somewhere here.. I went with the R&G myself..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts