Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow riders,

I ran a search on Google about radiator guards for the 09 and it came out with a few choices, I can't seem to find one hat has a fiber glass part that kind of looks like additional fairing. Does any one happens to have a link for that part. Does it come in the blurple color for the graphite fz09.

Thanks in advance and have a good safe riding weekend.

Cheers

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
The only ones I am aware of are the ermax radiator covers.

·
Registered
857 Posts
So you want protection or style? I don't think you will get both. Thinking style as you wanted it to color coordinate with your wheels. No idea, what a waste I am...

Ride Safe, with Style.

I'm to young to ride a purple bike.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want protection more than style, by the way it's not purple and also my first bike was a purple gsxr750

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's the best item out there for protection, never mind the looks

·
Registered
59 Posts
In my experience a combination on frame sliders and a radiator cover is more then enough protection. With most of the sliders I have seen if you laid the bike on its side the radiator would clear. If your looking for high speed crash protection your probably waiting your time unless you get a crash cage but unless your stunting it would be a waste of money.

I'm using evotech rad cover and oes frame sliders

·
Registered
59 Posts
Pyramid plastics on my Mrs MT. :thumbsup:

With homemade grille on the rad and intakes, cut from a piece of honeycomb mesh from customcargrills.com - Custom Car and Truck Grills - Mesh Grill Sheets and More!
That might be the best looking not race fz/mt I've seen!!! Very sexy bike love the paint.

That being said those big pieces of plastic probably wouldn't help in a crash, if your looking for protection alone that's not the right option.

If you want to pick up chicks and just look BA and feel like you might be protecting your bike even though your not then that's your option ;)

Again that is a beautiful bike and not insulting it in any way

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks man...if my Mrs wants to pick up chicks, I'm down with that ! ;)

The rad shrouds were for more room for paint, the full OES sliders kit was for protection. ;)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Freshly painted Ermax radiator covers.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had T-Rex racing full sliders set and when I went down in December they took all the damage, the body of the bike , engine, stator cover, radiators dint have contact and the bike is still brand new look, no contact with the floor. The best $290 dollars I've ever invested.

·
Registered
511 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts