Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since my crash, my hand is still a bit weak.
My HH pads and stock everything else were fine before, 2 finger braking and was good. not perfect, but funtional.
Now, 2 fingers aint enough, i need to use all four (ohh err, you like that, doncha?).
Ive got a couple of spare radial MC's in the garage, not sure what they are off.

What size radial MC's are people using? I have a choice of 3/4 and from memory 5/8, which are bloody close in sizes, really, but was wondering what other people are using.
my hand has plenty of feel all by itself, i just need more power.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Just checked mine and it is from an R1 or R6, not sure which, but it has a large "16" cast into the top of the cylinder portion of the master cylinder so I presume that means 16mm which would be about 5/8"

Reactions: ridetofish

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think mine are off gsxrs, the 3/4 is in a drawer, the 5/8 is currently on my Vfr with a gsxr front end, and I have a pair of zx14 MC's to go on the Vfr so clutch and brake match.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
If you want to use LESS hand power and MORE lever movement..use a radial master that is smaller piston size than stock.

If you want to use MORE hand power and LESS lever movement.. use a radial master that is larger piston size that stock.

Since the radial master moves more fluid than the stock mc.... I would think a radial with the same piston size as stock would be a drastic improvement over stock.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks CD,
I'll give the 3/4 a go. Hand is ok at the start of travel, but not when I have to squeeze the lever tight to the bar.

Lever movement seems to be an issue with the way you described it, cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts