Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
I bought one of these whilst I was waiting to take delivery.

It showed up 2 days before I recieved the bike, took 15mins to install, uses the rad mounts to secure it (unlike some other brands that use cable ties), it's light yet very well constructed, all in all, I give it a 10/10.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Expensive.......but Radguards are pretty good.

Look up Infinite Performance in the UK.

I got mine shipped to my door for 100 bucks, and has an awesome "Dark Side" symbol laser cut into the guard in places. It also wraps around the sides.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have the R&G on hand, just need to slap it on.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts

I got mine shipped to my door for 100 bucks, and has an awesome "Dark Side" symbol laser cut into the guard in places. It also wraps around the sides.

This looks great- any pictures installed? I am leaning towards this- otherwise it will be the R&G plus the radiator side covers (the MT-09 version preferably)

·
Registered
133 Posts

Cancel your order. I have one. Fits like sh.t.
In the UK there are a lot of guys who are pretty mad at Infinite. So am I.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Cancel your order. I have one. Fits like sh.t.
In the UK there are a lot of guys who are pretty mad at Infinite. So am I.
Nice heads up and warning, thanks!

+1, have the R&G installed on my bike for the last month - fits nice.
I also have the R&G, it looks good, fits nicely, and installs easily... hard to ask for more...

·
Registered
133 Posts
that $140 is australian dollars which works out to about $125 u.s., but it's still pricey for what it is.

i use the r&g.

what's wrong with the fit?
On the shift-side of the bike it fits nice.
On the break-side there is a gap of 10mm between the guard and the side of the rad.
The bottom of the guard is not bolted. It rattles against the rad.

There have been different contacts with Infinite, but no answers or solutions.
I am going to use hook and loop tape to hold the guard against the rad.

Me no happy :mad:

·
Registered
555 Posts
On the shift-side of the bike it fits nice.
On the break-side there is a gap of 10mm between the guard and the side of the rad.
The bottom of the guard is not bolted. It rattles against the rad.

There have been different contacts with Infinite, but no answers or solutions.
I am going to use hook and loop tape to hold the guard against the rad.

Me no happy :mad:
Gap in that side to make clearance for the radiator cap maybe?

What does that bottom bracket do if it isnt bolted? There is a hole there for something........

·
Registered
133 Posts
Gap in that side to make clearance for the radiator cap maybe?

What does that bottom bracket do if it isnt bolted? There is a hole there for something........
Gap for the radiator cap ........ no way. Infinite sayd thar the gap was for the hose that comes from the cap.
There is a point mid low of the rad to hold the guard, but the problem is the sides of the guard. That ratles like hell.

Finish of the guard is ok. I put white pvc behind the MT logo. Lookes good. But thats it.
I will post some pics after a nights sleep.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Gap for the radiator cap ........ no way. Infinite sayd thar the gap was for the hose that comes from the cap.
There is a point mid low of the rad to hold the guard, but the problem is the sides of the guard. That ratles like hell.

Finish of the guard is ok. I put white pvc behind the MT logo. Lookes good. But thats it.
I will post some pics after a nights sleep.
Awesome. Love it when products are released that are ill fitting.

Cheers for the info mate, hopefully will be able to figure something out for it as I have already paid for it and its on its way. I work in a fab shop so a bit of adjustment and I should be able to make it fit better.

If it sits off centre a little, have you tried putting a slight bend in the tabs to move it across a few mm away from the radiator cap side? May be an option there to make the gaps at least even on both sides instead of being larger on that one side. I do see what you mean with the radiator hose. A bolt & nut could also replace that locater on the bottom to secure it firmer from what I can see by having a look at my bike just now. A couple strips of sticky backed foam running the length of the sides would get rid of that rattle too.

Will be disappointing if it cant be made to fit properly, as it really looks the goods. If a little bit of adjustment and mucking around is required to make it more secure and fit better, I am ok with that.......has been pretty much the scenario with most things I have bought for bikes.......ever!!! I always muck about trying to make things I buy fit better anyways, part of the fun lol.

First thing I thought when I bought the bike...........what can I do to make it better!!! Suspension was first on that list for sure. Sometimes you have to finish manufacturers products for them. Annoying, but more and more common these days. Still annoying no less.

Like what you have done regarding making the symbol white, I wouldnt mind seeing some pics of that if you dont mind doing so, most appreciated.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I bought some black epoxy-coated stainless screen on ebay for $55 shipped. A bit of a chore to cut it (used an angle grinder w/metal cutting disk), but I was able to fit in the gap between the radiator fins and the end caps. Right now I have 1/4" vacuum tubing top and bottom to cover the unfinished ends, but will likely make some u-channel molding and paint it black to finish it. Looks good as-is, doesn't rattle, and it's heavy-gauge stainless wire w/~1/4" spacing so it's quite protective. The $55 bought a 12" x 48" piece so I still have 3' left for other projects.
Radiator Guard.jpg

·
Registered
555 Posts
This looks great- any pictures installed? I am leaning towards this- otherwise it will be the R&G plus the radiator side covers (the MT-09 version preferably)
I could only find the one of it installed:

But by the sound of how it fits you may be better with the Evotech. Either way, I wouldnt pay that much for the Radguard one.......its only because we are in Australia that they are charging that much really. Equivalent products for less money available in my opinion.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts