Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done a write-up on doing the gold valve install?

I feel confident enough to do the spring and oil swap but not too sure about the valve changing. I wasn't able to find anything on racetechs website.

Thanks for any info.

Reactions: Davinci

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have done it wasn't too tough but is little technical just have to follow their directions take your time call tech support for any questions I had to make my own spring compressor tool

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have done it wasn't too tough but is little technical just have to follow their directions take your time call tech support for any questions I had to make my own spring compressor tool
I have the spring compressor part handled. The 2 main things I was wondering is if you have to slide off the outer barrel of the shock (and redo the seals?) and where are the actual valves located on this picture? http://images.imagessite.com/OEM_IMAGES/yamaha_mc_images/Y14FZ09E26.gif

·
Registered
5 Posts
May be a late response, but just as a warning, you should check out this video. You may end up doing more harm than good when it comes to changing valves as opposed to installing a whole cartridge kit where all the valving is set to the correct tolerances. Really informative quick clip of what can go wrong buy an experienced suspension tech at Traxxion Dynamics.

·
Registered
870 Posts
The valves are inside part #10.

No you don't need to split the forks. Take the bolt (#12) out and unscrew the cap (#17) and the guts come right out.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
When I did my Bandit it was very straight forward. Racetechs info is clear, you'll need soft V clamps to hold the valve body and a torque wrench that goes low. I'm not sure about these kits, but the Bandit required a 1mm or less hole drilled in the valve body.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts