Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

R6 Quick Turn Throttle

5K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  jakes16fz 
#1 ·
I know this has been done/covered before. It's a popular modification on other makes/models in addition to the FZ/MT/XSR's. I did this as a reference for my self and others outside of this forum who might be looking for info. If you aren't looking to match the factory Yamaha grip to your current one you can order the Motion Pro R6 throttle tube (part number 01-1303). It is identical in size to the factory Yamaha R6 throttle tube. If you want the factory part that comes with the grip and washer attached, order Yamaha part 2C0-26240-00.

For reference, I put blue painters tape on my stock XSR 900 throttle tube (Yamaha part 4YR-26240-02-00), then transfered it over to the Motion Pro R6 throttle tube for comparison. The lines on the tape corespond with closed and WOT positions.

Hood Font Gas Engineering Electric blue

My stock XSR 900 tube is on the left, the factory Yamaha R6 tube is on the right.

Computer Peripheral Output device Input device Automotive tire

This picture has the Factory Yamaha R6 tube on the bottom and the Motion Pro R6 tube on top. What I attempted to show is that the cam portion of the tubes is the same diameter.

Automotive tire Computer keyboard Gas Electric blue Audio equipment

And this picture shows the difference in cam size of the R6 tube (bottom) compaired to the stock FZ-09/MT-09/XSR 900 tube (top).
Computer keyboard Personal computer Computer Netbook Input device

And lastly here are the R6 throttle tube part numbers. Factory Yamaha package on the left. Motion Pro on the right.

Computer keyboard Peripheral Product Blue Black

Hopefully some will find this info usefully.

See less See more
#2 ·
nice detailed pictures! forgive me if this comes off wrong but, whats the point of this mod? wouldn't it make the throttle super sensitive taking away 1/4 of its travel? is this more for track use then street duty? i can see where if you were riding at or near WOT consistently this would make sense, less wrist movement means less stress on the wrist right?

#4 ·
I considered the R6 throttle tube swap before the ECU reflash but with the flash A mode is quick enough for me. Nicely detailed post.

#7 ·
I ordered this same throttle tube (motion pro 01-1303) to install with a new pair of pro taper bars and ran into an issue during install last night, where the throttle tube seems to be binding within the throttle housing. Has anybody else who has installed the r6 tube ran into this issue? First gen fz-09, just for reference. I'll be looking more into it tonight, and will modify accordingly to make it work if possible, just curious if anybody else experienced the same thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.