Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Key Tool Car

I finally find Yamaha blank key to replace the too small and ugly key that fit on the FZ-09 direct from yamaha and cheap 37$ ;-)

5SL-82511-08 Yamaha genuine blank key

Reactions: tnez and madcow

·
Registered
509 Posts
Ugly key??? I guess I never considered a key to be a vanity item... :confused:

If you're happy with it, more power to you - if it was me, I wouldn't spend $37 bucks on a key for "appearance". Worst case scenario, I'd head to a hardware store and see if I couldn't find something else for significantly cheaper. Could also throw in a keychain to make it more visible for you and still be under $10-15.

I actually was concerned that I would forget my key in the ignition since it's kind of hidden. I solved that by getting some bright 550 paracord and making myself a keychain. Upside of the paracord is I don't have to worry about it scratching the bike - the only key on the keychain is my bike key.

Green Yellow Bait Fishing lure Fashion accessory

Reactions: Tigershark

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

If you're happy with it, more power to you - if it was me, I wouldn't spend $37 bucks on a key for "appearance". Worst case scenario, I'd head to a hardware store and see if I couldn't find something else for significantly cheaper. Could also throw in a keychain to make it more visible for you and still be under $10-15.

I actually was concerned that I would forget my key in the ignition since it's kind of hidden. I solved that by getting some bright 550 paracord and making myself a keychain. Upside of the paracord is I don't have to worry about it scratching the bike - the only key on the keychain is my bike key.

View attachment 17506
Faze, I don't think a Paracord can fix the look of our keys, our keys ARE ugly. But I do like they keychain you made! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
110 Posts
good find!! I completely agree with you, OEM key is ugly as hell! I traded a GSXR for the FZ09 and the FZ was the 1st bike I bought new....was very disappointed when i was handed the keys to my new moto! thanks for including the part number

·
Registered
400 Posts
Reactions: Whirlwind

·
Registered
38 Posts

View attachment 17506
Did you bought it from that girl?

Garmon Accordion Tree Musical instrument Grass

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
You guys realize someone can duplicate your key from a photo, right?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Went to a yamaha dealer to get a duplicate key for another yamaha i own.
I was quoted $400 for the key plus transponder coding to the bike.
Ended up getting a chipped key off ebay for $50 and coding it myself,thanks to google.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You guys realize someone can duplicate your key from a photo, right?
I was thinking the same thing recalling the tv expose on the subject. These guys should remove all location references.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts