Yamaha FZ-09 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they did I would probably buy one regardless of whether it works or not.. but it seems to look longer than any other hugger ive seen for sale.. plus R&G are a reasonable brand, surely they wouldn't make parts that don't do a good job?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Should work. It seems long and wide enough.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
They don't claim that it will keep water off your back. They claim it will protect the under tail from damage. It doesn't look any longer than the other hugger extensions, that people claim do not help.

·
Registered
555 Posts
If you want a carbon fibre one.......... Lightech do them.

For the cost of your first born child.

They also do front fenders.

And I have seen every plastic part on this bike in CF too.....air scoops, centre/top tank piece, side tank pieces, rear plastics. Ebay has them all. Not sure of the manufacturer of these plastics, but the front and rear hugger/fender made by Lightech should be fantastic quality. I have seen some Lightech products before in person as was very impressed.

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you want a carbon fibre one.......... Lightech do them.

For the cost of your first born child.

They also do front fenders.

And I have seen every plastic part on this bike in CF too.....air scoops, centre/top tank piece, side tank pieces, rear plastics. Ebay has them all. Not sure of the manufacturer of these plastics, but the front and rear hugger/fender made by Lightech should be fantastic quality. I have seen some Lightech products before in person as was very impressed.

Christ those are hideous.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
You won't get any more protection from water/dirt flinging up onto the seat unless you have a fender that goes all the way back as far as the tail light. It would have to cover the whole rear tire. As for keeping the regulator and shock from getting so dirty, yes a slightly longer fender does help.

PS, why does everything from R&G have to look like a marshmallow? LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts